UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by Tod1d »

DYEUZ wrote:My bad on last one . Was talking about the '' Payback '' comp , which has no dates mentioned on OP . Its mentioned on the third page .
tyvm.
It had tentative dates in the request on UHC.

I'm trying to get requested comps up on the calendar as soon as possible to allow others to plan around them when scheduling.

As David mentioned, I already noticed that there were 2 comps in a row with the same color on the calendar.
We plan to implement something to prevent this, but it might not happen immediately as we have other, higher priority things to work on.
I'd also like to make the colors consistent from month to month, and that will part of the same enhancement.
And I want to add something to indicate the "pending" comps, that may have flexible dates.
Hopefully, we can get to this soon.

In the meantime, communicate with us if you're unsure about something.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Tod ... Sounds good . tyvm

Got to say that the UHC competition calendar , looks pretty full now , for next couple of weeks . Never seen so many back to back hosted comps . :shock: :)
6 free days left in May and then, free again on full first week of June .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Update:

Calendar Colors

I noticed the other day that two back-to-back comps were using the same color bar on the calendar.
Also, comps could change bar colors from week to week, and month to month.
I recently added "Pending Competitions" to the calendar to help hosts with scheduling their comps.
So, we make a little change. (Well, David did ;) )

Comps on the calendar will now use the main color from their color theme on the UHC comp pages.
That means they will always be the same color regardless of their position on each week or month of the calendar.
Pending competitions will be subdued / dimmed (Payback Invitational below), which means the dates might be tentative, or flexible.

Future Updates:

I'd still like to see if I can get the labels to overlap days so I can use longer names, or even add " - (Pending)" to the pending comps.
And I'm considering adjusting the bars so they start in a relative position on the day. So, if the comp starts at noon, the bar would begin 50% across that day.
And also take a look at making the calendar show the start & end times in the user's local time.
That way, you could tell at quick glance whether the comp starts in the morning, afternoon, evening, or middle of the night for you.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The first 4 missions were a real challenge. The following will be less harsh right?
Because I do not dare to think about how they will be if they continue on the same level.
Who do I have to thank Stan? :P
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:evil: Mission #2 of Stan's mission pack ,is a real pain to do . Not sure i'll ever do it . Maybe a lower required score would have given me , more chances to try my luck . :evil:
Lots of tough requirements for that one . :? :(

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DYEUZ wrote::evil: Mission #2 of Stan's mission pack ,is a real pain to do . Not sure i'll ever do it . Maybe a lower required score would have given me , more chances to try my luck . :evil:
The missions in this pack get progressively harder, so making this mission easier will only enable you to move onto tougher ones faster. The UHC$ reward also increases with every mission. I realise this pack won't be for everyone, but for those that enjoy an extremely tough challenge, it shouldn't disappoint.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... not disappointed, discouraged :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll still do it before i die , well , i hope i have a bit of time still . :?

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

DYEUZ wrote::evil: Mission #2 of Stan's mission pack ,is a real pain to do . Not sure i'll ever do it . Maybe a lower required score would have given me , more chances to try my luck . :evil:
I made 2 times because the first time I forgot to take a picture :( . So I did it: I was in an open field to have a lot of view, lying on the ground,
I used the spray to attract the deer, the deer reaches up to 5 meters from your position, at this point you stand up,
the deer turns and starts to run in a straight line because there are no obstacles, you just have to aim at the neck and wait for it to jump up, if all goes well you should hit it around 20-30 meters
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx fantamichelle for the tips . I've been trying many ways and they either jump like kangaroos when they flee or go all over the place . And all this is done in a real quick time . And pretty much all my tries were practice , because i never saw the required scores yet ! The only one i succeeded with , was a doe that was caught running behind trees . I got her in the neck and instant kill . :lol:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

DYEUZ wrote:Thx fantamichelle for the tips . I've been trying many ways and they either jump like kangaroos when they flee or go all over the place . And all this is done in a real quick time . And pretty much all my tries were practice , because i never saw the required scores yet ! The only one i succeeded with , was a doe that was caught running behind trees . I got her in the neck and instant kill . :lol:
You're right jump like kangaroos :lol: .
You just have to calculate the timing well, and anticipate the shot of a fraction of a second.
You can also aim at the head when they jump, in this way you will hit the neck.

Return to “Competitions”