UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks for the update- in regard to UHC Comps. 90 mins to submit scores- it is, I guess until it gets sorted out. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Another update, folks.

Complete:
  • global login functionality added
  • competition registration now on UHC website
  • CSS values added for new species
In progress:
  • redeem option for UHC Points (more about these further down)
  • option to update theHunter username from account management
  • UHC hall of fame and leaderboards
  • review system for participants
  • review system for hosts

GLOBAL LOGIN
Until now, if you wanted to take part in a UHC-hosted competition, you had to register for the competition, which meant each time you had to provide details such as your theHunter username, your forum username, a password, your country and so on. This is no longer the case. In order to take part in UHC-hosted competitions, all you need is a UHC account. Anyone can create a UHC account. All you need is a theHunter account and a forum account¹. Once you have created your UHC account, you can register to take part in any UHC-hosted competition with one click, by logging in to the UHC website and navigating to the competitions page. To post scores and entries in a UHC-hosted competition, you first need to log in to your UHC account. One login allows you to do everything.

CREATE A UHC ACCOUNT
All you need is an email address, a theHunter account and a forum account. To register now, click here. Alternatively visit the UHC Apps website here and click on Register at the top right.

You will be asked to provide the aforementioned information, and also answer a question about your theHunter account². This is a question that nobody else would be able to answer. This relates to your membership, and is private information. This is an automated verification process that ensures users cannot create a UHC account with your theHunter username. The information you provide during the registration process is not stored on UHC servers, and is never shared.

As you can see above, part of the registration process requires you to prove that you are entering your theHunter username, and not somebody else's.

ACCESS YOUR UHC ACCOUNT
To log in to your UHC account now, click here. Alternatively visit the UHC Apps website here and click on Login at the top right.

Once you log in you will see a new menu across the top right.

The tabs are pretty self-explanatory. The Members tab, for now, just gives you some information about what is coming soon. The Account tab allows you to manage your account and change some basic account preferences. The Log Out tab does what it says on the tin; logs you out of your UHC account. On the far left you will see how many UHC Points you have. All new UHC accounts are issued 500 UHC Points. UHC members will receive points for various activities, e.g. placing somewhere on a UHC-hosted competition leaderboard, finishing on the podium, getting a specific number of positive reviews as a participant and/or competition host, and more.

ENROLL IN A COMPETITION
To enroll in a competition, just log in to your UHC account then click on the competitions menu item on the left. This will display a list of all active and upcoming competitions. You will see a button below each that will allow you to enroll. Some competitions are private and require a code. Where applicable, you will be required to enter that code in order to enroll in that competition. Otherwise, just click the button and you will be automatically enrolled in that competition. Simple as that. No more having to enter all your information again.

Above is an example of the how the competition page looks when you are logged in to your UHC account.

ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
If you need to change your password, update your email address, change your forum name, or update your email preferences, this can all be done from the Account tab on the main menu across the top, once you have logged in to your UHC account.

If you wish to change basic information but not change your password, just leave the two password fields blank. If you wish to update your password, use the two password fields to enter the new password. If you forget your password and you are unable to log in to your UHC account, you will see a link on the login page to request a new password. This will be sent to the email address you used when you registered.

UHC POINTS
UHC Points will be issued to UHC members at certain times, for certain activities³. All new UHC members automatically receive 500 UHC Points. Here are some examples of other activities that will earn UHC members UHC Points:
  • create a UHC account
  • getting a leaderboard entry for a UHC-hosted competition
  • finishing on the podium in a UHC-hosted competition
  • getting a certain number of positive reviews as a participant
  • getting a certain number of positive reviews as a host
  • hosting a competition
  • sending a UHC membership referral to a friend
Not all of these options have been implemented yet but keep an eye open on the UHC members site for more information. UHC Points can be cashed in for em$⁴. Terms and conditions apply. More information coming in the next week.

Thank you for reading. We hope you enjoy this new functionality. We will be in touch again soon with some exciting new features.

David & Tod

¹ Your forum username is only used by hosts to issue prizes. If you have been banned from the forum, you can still create a UHC account.
² Anyone attempting to register with someone else's theHunter account will be permanently banned from the UHC website and all future UHC-hosted competitions.
³ The amount of UHC Points awarded for the aforementioned activities is yet to be decided, save for creating a UHC account, which generates 500 UHC Points.
A minimum redeem value of 500 em$ will be enforced. The ratio of UHC Points to em$ is 10:1, e.g. 5000 UHC Points = 500 em$.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Awesome stuff, Caledonian & Tod, only thing is I can't register- I click on the register link at the UHC site but nothing happens. But, if I click on Login- it opens a new window where I'm asked for password etc. Just though I'd give you the heads up, on that issue. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

BCKidd wrote:But, if I click on Login- it opens a new window where I'm asked for password etc. Just though I'd give you the heads up, on that issue.
I can't reproduce. Can you please try clearing your cache? Did you happen to click the Register link before my post above? If so, perhaps the previous page got cached.
grancazador
Scout

Post by grancazador »

Complete registration without any problem.
Thanks David and Tod for this good stuff. Good work.
Spoiler:
Buena Caza
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

caledonianblues wrote:
BCKidd wrote:But, if I click on Login- it opens a new window where I'm asked for password etc. Just though I'd give you the heads up, on that issue.
I can't reproduce. Can you please try clearing your cache? Did you happen to click the Register link before my post above? If so, perhaps the previous page got cached.
I'm registered now Caledonian! It must have been shortly after you posted the update, that I tried to register. All is good now. Thanks for the awesome work you and Tod have done. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Nightmare
Hunter

Post by Nightmare »

I have a Pioneer membership which never expires.
Not having an expiration date prevents me from being able to register.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Nightmare wrote:I have a Pioneer membership which never expires.
Not having an expiration date prevents me from being able to register.
Try 31 Dec 1969
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Nightmare
Hunter

Post by Nightmare »

Hmm... can't have any date earlier that 2008
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »