UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by fantamichele »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Man O man, David...I just finished mission 8, and it took me 3-1/2 hours real time to just spot 6 Sambar. They call from 200 meters away, and when you get there they are gone. Tracking is impossible. They zig zag all over the place and they just keep moving. In all my time tracking them..male or female, I have never caught up to one...ever. The zig zagging runs you in to WB that you have to deal with, so that's another issue. And then pigs show up. Really really frustrating. I sure would like to know how these guys fall out of bed and find 7 or 8 of them just walking around.

And NOW you want me to spot 5, track 5, and harvest 5...in the same hunt?? That will take me an entire day. There has to be something about EHR animals I am completely missing after over 4 years. Piccabean has been out for 3 weeks, and I have hunted that reserve almost exclusively since. I have 11 Sambar kills, and let me tell you all 11 were pure luck. Walking by a tree stand by pure accident. Stuck behind a rock. Stuff like that. Not one of them was the result of stalking, because it can't be done, unless you want to put in hours and hours. Yet, there is a hunter who posted in this thread who has killed 147. That is beyond comprehension.
Stan that result is wrong, I'm not 147 but I'm 385 :lol:

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Man O man, David...I just finished mission 8, and it took me 3-1/2 hours real time to just spot 6 Sambar. They call from 200 meters away, and when you get there they are gone. Tracking is impossible. They zig zag all over the place and they just keep moving. In all my time tracking them..male or female, I have never caught up to one...ever. The zig zagging runs you in to WB that you have to deal with, so that's another issue. And then pigs show up. Really really frustrating. I sure would like to know how these guys fall out of bed and find 7 or 8 of them just walking around.

And NOW you want me to spot 5, track 5, and harvest 5...in the same hunt?? That will take me an entire day. There has to be something about EHR animals I am completely missing after over 4 years. Piccabean has been out for 3 weeks, and I have hunted that reserve almost exclusively since. I have 11 Sambar kills, and let me tell you all 11 were pure luck. Walking by a tree stand by pure accident. Stuck behind a rock. Stuff like that. Not one of them was the result of stalking, because it can't be done, unless you want to put in hours and hours. Yet, there is a hunter who posted in this thread who has killed 147. That is beyond comprehension.
Yes, that's true. The "In the same hunt" is very boring. I don't play this competitions/missions because of my lack of time. I want also live and have to work.
I really hope that David can someday update the generator.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

fantamichele wrote:

Stan that result is wrong, I'm not 147 but I'm 385 :lol:

So, the 151 currently showing in your signature stats is males with a score only..I assume. That means you have killed 184 females (hinds I think they are called). I have a stupid question..why? I can see doing it for a specific comp or mission, but why would you want to shoot a "no score" animal. What satisfaction does that give you?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

stancomputerhunter wrote:What satisfaction does that give you?
Increased weapon skill, achievement & rank points... ??
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Tod1d wrote:
If a hunter with 55,000 HS or more doesn't have weapon skills, he/she never will...the other two reasons are just silly...they should just happen as they happen.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Stan Stan Stan , i have over 55k HS and will shoot the females / does / cows , for leveling up : new weapons , skills in that species , etc . They don't give points , but who cares .
The satisfaction is to , for example , have made a good shot , clean kill , from a good distance . Thats satisfactory for me . Especially if its a Sambar , hey Stan ?! ;)

You have a female Rusa under your TS , your gonna not shoot her ? ;)

We need to get together Stan and hunt those Sambar Deer . :)

BuiuRei wrote:Wait until you get to mission 10.
This will be pretty much luck don't you think BuiuRei ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
If a hunter with 55,000 HS or more doesn't have weapon skills, he/she never will...the other two reasons are just silly...they should just happen as they happen.
Stan I can not see why you should judge people. Everyone is free to do whatever he wants. What you do is not stupid?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

fantamichele wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Stan I can not see why you should judge people. Everyone is free to do whatever he wants. What you do is not stupid?
I didn't judge anyone. I just asked, "why"? I agree, everyone is free to do whatever they want. Again, I just asked, "why"?

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'm like you Stan, I rarely shoot females unless it is for a comp or mission. I guess that is why my HS rarely improves. Shooting female as Tod has pointed out, does certainly improve the weapon skill, and achievements and rank points I guess. Shooting everything the moves or is sighted is a way some will play this game, and that is their prerogative. There are some that will hunt only males, and others that will kill anything that moves. I see no reason to shoot everything, that is jus' boring for me. But, I play this game so differently from others, that it'll take me another couple of years to even make my rank into 800 or less. I certainly could improve that quicker if I shot males, female, and anything that moved. ;) Peace.

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

8 hours real time today...I was wrong David, it will take me more than all day for mission #9. Total for 8 hours; 9 Sambar tracked (all but one was a tracking credit for hearing a call), 1 Sambar spotted, 1 Sambar killed. 9 calls in 8 hours! 1 spot in 8 hours! 13.1km traveled. Rains about 70% of the time. Thunder and lightning crashing. Couldn't hear a footstep if it was landing on my own feet. Turn the volume up...can't hear anything because my own footsteps crashing like I'm Shrek walking around. What is really frustrating is when I get to the spot where the call originated, the tracks show the Sambar was walking right toward me. Because of the rain, never heard it..not once. Eventually we met, although I didn't know it, and it spooked. During one point, it rained for 53 game-time minutes in a row.

I distinctly remember you posting that the missions would get harder in the future. I didn't know you meant they would be impossible with normal hunting.

Rant over.

Return to “Competitions”