UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by caledonianblues »

Hunt_Training wrote:Hi UHC, sorry to bother: I have understood that 50 UHC$ should be awarded for each participation in a UHC-hosted competition, provided at least one valid result is got in the leaderboard (regardless the obtained position). In fact, I have got them after my participation to "Sitka Cull 2018" and "O Lamentos Dos Veados". Does it work that way for all the competitions, or only for some of them?
For my participation to "Slug Fest 2019" I haven't got them.
Please note I'm not soliciting, just asking (I have understood some aspects have to be closed manually, so delays are fully understandable).
The 50 UHC$ participation rewards are issued automatically when the competition is closed off. Closing off a competition usually involves some manual checks, sometimes discussion back and forth with the host, then once everything checks out, the competition is closed off by a member of UHC staff. Tod normally takes care of this. I can see that Slug Fest 2019 has not yet been closed off, so chances are you will receive your UHC$ very soon.
Hunt_Training wrote:Maybe there are negotiations/discussions ongoing between UHC and EW, trying to get back that possibility?
I share what Tanngnjostr already noted some time ago: given all the work UHC does for free to promote the game, EW should really support UHC!
Anyway, I would suggest to update at least the FAQ in the UHC Apps website.
Tod negotiated with Expansive Worlds to allow em$ to be transferred between a host's account, and that of the winners. Expansive Worlds will not allow em$ to be transferred from my account, or from Tod's account. Previously UHC$ were being converted into em$ using em$ from my personal account. That is no longer permitted, and for that reason it is no longer possible to exchange UHC$ for em$. You made a valid point about the FAQ on the website. This has been updated.
Hunt_Training wrote:The UHC$ can still be used (through exchange into "gems") to unlock some UHC functionalities, for example the "Expedition Analyser" (that I'm interested in, indeed), aren't them?
Yes, you can still use them to buy gems, but so far only one feature has required gems to unlock. I can't think of any new features to add to UHC, but if I come up with something "premium" this is certainly something we could do.
Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

Ty caledonianblues for your quick answers.
I'm not able to understand the reasons behind EW decision (no more allowing em$ transfer for UHC$ exchange), but of course managing a company implies many different factors, and sometimes their weird combinations... so we have to live with it.

So, I have just unlocked the UHC "Expedition Analyser" tool... :P
I've just had a quick look: it shows a lot of information! The passion it has been done with shines through.
I think it's going to be very useful for me to learn many interesting ways my expeditions... can fail. :lol:

(But then I will study those ones of your veterans guys :twisted: :P )
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Nothing major, but an update nonetheless.

You can find it here.

Thanks.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Really neat stuff coming up !! Great news . Thx David . Looking forward to the trophy room .

Will we be able to put there , our past hosted comps trophies won ? Or only the ones after the creation of this room ?

thx

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

DYEUZ wrote:Will we be able to put there , our past hosted comps trophies won ? Or only the ones after the creation of this room ?
I'm going to import all the historic ones I can find, which will obviously include any I made for my competitions, or for other hosts. For anything that I miss or don't have, there will be an import function, but it will require validation. That basically means users won't be able to fill their trophy page with random trophies that weren't genuinely won in competitions. Hopefully there won't be too many that need to be manually added.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Way cool, thanks.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

That sound awesome, great stuff CaledonianBlues.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Totally off the wall in awesomeness! That is going to be so cool to see community comp trophies gettin' a home to display. Not to mention all the other cool stuff you guys are developing. Thank you UHC! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

caledonianblues wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:Will we be able to put there , our past hosted comps trophies won ? Or only the ones after the creation of this room ?
I'm going to import all the historic ones I can find, which will obviously include any I made for my competitions, or for other hosts. For anything that I miss or don't have, there will be an import function, but it will require validation. That basically means users won't be able to fill their trophy page with random trophies that weren't genuinely won in competitions. Hopefully there won't be too many that need to be manually added.
I won't need a whole room - maybe someone could loan me a window sill :P
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Awesome news, thanks for add a trophy room and continue to evolve the site. :)

Return to “Competitions”