UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by SoftShoe »

caledonianblues wrote: if someone places on the podium in one of my competitions, they deserve the prize regardless of what I think of them.
Thats exactly how I feel! If the comp was fairly won then they earned it.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I understand the reasoning behind it and I will respect it when using this great tool for hosting.

Still I personally do think I should be able to exclude someone from my competitions after he insulted me in any way. I just hope that if something like this ever happens, the person in question has the decency not to join any of my comps in the future.
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Q : What happens now ,in result to this change ,to the well known SMs / exploiters / cheaters , that were already banned by a host and / or UHC ? Are they on parole until they get caught again ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DYEUZ wrote:Q : What happens now ,in result to this change ,to the well known SMs / exploiters / cheaters , that were already banned by a host and / or UHC ? Are they on parole until they get caught again ?
Spawn mashing is taken care of by competition hosts when they include a rule that prohibits spawn mashing. If a host believes a participant has spawn mashed during a competition, they can disqualify their entry. If someone is cheating then they need to be banned by Expansive Worlds, and when that happens they will also be banned by UHC. If Expansive Worlds fails to ban a player but UHC has sufficient evidence to issue a ban, this will happen. Exploits is a slightly more complex and grey area, but if it warrants an official ban then UHC will also issue a ban.

If a host banned a participant they will no longer be banned. If UHC banned a participant they will still be banned.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I am not trying to change anyone's mind here and I respect the actions of UHC. But could there be an box added to the host ban for a reason that could then be reviewed to see if the reason is indeed a valid one like a rule violation or cheating or unsportsman like conduct.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

caledonianblues wrote:If a host banned a participant they will no longer be banned. If UHC banned a participant they will still be banned.
Wanna understand here , so sorry if i ask lots of things again. If we , the hosts , banned a player back then , in the past , because they were caught cheating , and UHC banned them also ,they are still banned from UHC but are free from our list ?
They, will be able to participate in our comps ?

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I support this change and think the community is better as a whole for it. I'd rather the community not be dragged down into petty fights, forum explosions or general ill will. I think this change makes the system much clearer and fairer to all, while helping the community bond rather than separate, and while still providing easy alternative enrollment options such as hunting group/member only, private and invitational style enrollments. I think this solution removes all the muck involved with "foe banning", and if there's a questionable player they will be dealt with individually the same way any cheating/suspicious activity is already being dealt with. I do not think that personal thoughts, feelings or suspicions should enter into to what is a public-use system such as UHC Apps, which they have graciously blessed us with, and I think this demonstrates their intent to help keep the community as a whole a much friendler and inviting place to compete and have fun in. Aside from all that, I would personally much rather see UHC Apps devoting their limited time and resources to creating and improving their creation rather than mediating arguements and forum squabbles. They're doing all of the things they do, offering it all up to us for free, and then supporting all of it on their dime and their time, after all. Happy hunting.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DYEUZ wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:If a host banned a participant they will no longer be banned. If UHC banned a participant they will still be banned.
Wanna understand here , so sorry if i ask lots of things again. If we , the hosts , banned a player back then , in the past , because they were caught cheating , and UHC banned them also ,they are still banned from UHC but are free from our list ?
They, will be able to participate in our comps ?
Anyone who's been banned by UHC can't participate in any comps on the site. They can't even log in afaik.
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Marc ... ok, understood , thx .

i see some didn't waste no time in taking action after this change !! The participant's list for my comp as suddenly increased in numbers .:lol: :lol: :lol:

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Tanngnjostr wrote:the person in question has the decency not to join any of my comps in the future.
Alas decency went out of fashion about the same time as common sense & personal accountability. Its a new world of people who think they deserve or are owed something.

Return to “Competitions”