UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by Tod1d »

Thanks, Hoo
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HooCairs wrote:My observation in all those years in this forum is that in the early days EW was a lot more transparent about game mechanics. Especially Stefan and Lion shared a lot of insight knowledge.
Thanks Hoo. I agree that the earlier developers were more transparent. I think what happened with the goats is that the developers originally intended for the piebalds to be rare, which is why they used an existing texture which for every other species is considered rare. Then, following requests from the community to make them common, the spawn rates were changed but the backend was never properly updated to reflect this decision. Again, it doesn't affect Expansive Worlds because the term "rare" doesn't appear anywhere in game or in the launcher/website.

I will add something at this end so UHC can differentiate between a rare piebald and a regular old run-of-the-mill piebald. It's just frustrating having to do that and alter numerous other scripts for one species.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

@ caledonianblues

Is there any way of viewing other UHC members shared reserves at the UHC site? I can't seem to find a way.

For example, I know DYEUZ shared his reserves in the forum thread "share your favourite reserves". But not many shared their reserves in that thread (those threads often falls into oblivion, sadly). And still people are asking for spots and so on (would be a great way to tell them to get registered and find it there).

Is there a way to summarize them in UHC Apps? Or is it already possible?
It's a great tool and we have to be able to take part of each others reserves.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Generalkommendant wrote:Is there any way of viewing other UHC members shared reserves at the UHC site? I can't seem to find a way.

For example, I know DYEUZ shared his reserves in the forum thread "share your favourite reserves". But not many shared their reserves in that thread (those threads often falls into oblivion, sadly). And still people are asking for spots and so on (would be a great way to tell them to get registered and find it there).

Not at the moment, no. Once customizable profile pages is ready then UHC members will be able to add this widget to their page, and show their reserves there. In the meantime, since you're not the first to ask, I will create a page on UHC that allows UHC members to view all shared reserves. If non-UHC members want to view reserves, they will continue to have to use the unique links.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

caledonianblues wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:Is there any way of viewing other UHC members shared reserves at the UHC site? I can't seem to find a way.

Not at the moment, no. Once customizable profile pages is ready then UHC members will be able to add this widget to their page, and show their reserves there. In the meantime, since you're not the first to ask, I will create a page on UHC that allows UHC members to view all shared reserves. If non-UHC members want to view reserves, they will continue to have to use the unique links.
Okey. Well, that will work! Thanks again.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Generalkommendant wrote:Okey. Well, that will work! Thanks again.
It's done.

If you view the toolbox now you should see another option:

Clicking that will show you a list of all shared reserves. You can sort the table by columns ascending or descending, or filter the contents using the search field on the top-right of the table.

IMPORTANT

When you share one of your reserves, by default, a unique URL is generated which you can give to your friends. In addition, that reserve becomes visible to all other UHC members in the new page above. If you would prefer not to have your shared reserves listed, use the new padlock toggle switch to lock them. Locked reserves are still visible to those that have the unique URL.

Hopefully the lock feature won't be necessary with this being a "share your reserves" tool, but you never know. Humans are funny creatures :)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

caledonianblues wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:Okey. Well, that will work! Thanks again.
It's done.
You're just incredible... And with a search function to be used for searching specific hunters or reserves and so on... Outstanding! :!:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Generalkommendant wrote:You're just incredible... And with a search function to be used for searching specific hunters or reserves and so on... Outstanding! :!:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

:lol: Thanks for the new functionality.

I'm still unclear on a few things..

If you share a reserve and then later un-share it, does your shared link somehow stop working and thus no longer view-able to those who have already have the link?

If you share a reserve and then make changes to that reserve, do those who have the link see the changes you made the next time they use the link?

If you share a reserve and then lock it, do those who already have the link see all future changes you make in that reserve for as long as they keep the link?

Basically I'm not understanding where the shared image(s) are coming from, stored, and what happens when you un-share and/or lock a reserve. When someone opens a shared link, is the data being pulled real-time through the API or is a "snapshot" being taken when you share your reserve, with that "snapshot" being stored/retrieved from elsewhere?

I hope this makes sense, sorry if not.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

J_Birdman wrote:If you share a reserve and then later un-share it, does your shared link somehow stop working and thus no longer view-able to those who have already have the link?
Correct. If you decide to share it again, a new URL is generated.
J_Birdman wrote:If you share a reserve and then make changes to that reserve, do those who have the link see the changes you made the next time they use the link?
Yes, a link provides access to a real time view of that reserve.
J_Birdman wrote:If you share a reserve and then lock it, do those who already have the link see all future changes you make in that reserve for as long as they keep the link?
The lock only stops the reserve from being in the listing of shared reserves (access only for UHC members).
J_Birdman wrote:Basically I'm not understanding where the shared image(s) are coming from, stored, and what happens when you un-share and/or lock a reserve. When someone opens a shared link, is the data being pulled real-time through the API or is a "snapshot" being taken when you share your reserve, with that "snapshot" being stored/retrieved from elsewhere?
There are no images. Data is pulled in real time from the API.

Think of the share option as a way of giving non-UHC members access to your reserves. At any point you can unshare a reserve which destroys the URL, but you can always generate a new one later. The padlock is simply to allow you to remove that reserve from the shared reserve listings that UHC members can now see.

Hopefully that makes sense. I was trying to account for every possible scenario.

Return to “Competitions”