UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by Radamus »

I'm still looking for a sambar shed :evil:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Radamus wrote:I'm still looking for a sambar shed :evil:
You can work on the separate mission packs independently. You don't need to complete one before you move onto another. You only have to do the missions within a pack in order.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Am i the only one that can’t see the withdraw button anywhere?

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

kevin2106 wrote:Am i the only one that can’t see the withdraw button anywhere?
We removed the Withdraw function. It was causing issues with the comps, and we decided it really wasn't a necessary function.

If someone wants to quit competing, they just stop submitting scores & their entry will remain the same, and probably move down the leaderboard.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

kevin2106 wrote:Am i the only one that can’t see the withdraw button anywhere?
To add to what Tod mentioned, a lot of players were clicking on the withdraw button by mistake due to language barrier issues. Since we have no plans to localize the website, the only logical solution was to remove the thing causing the confusion. If you decide half-way through a competition that you no longer want to participate, do just that. Chances are your entry will disappear at the end anyway if the rules dictate that you must harvest everything specified in the rules. If not, worst-case scenario is you drop down the leaderboard and still get some UHC$ for participating.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Yea, i know why it got smaller. But i couldn't even see the link. Like Tod mentioned it should be there. I wanted to withdraw from BCKidd's comps as i realized it was a bit too restrictive for me. I was afraid that if let's say i hunted 25 mins in a reserve and started on the same reserve right after that hunt ended, since that is against his ROE, i was assuming i could get DQ, and i wasn't sure if that would affect me negatively later on at some point?

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

kevin2106 wrote:Yea, i know why it got smaller. But i couldn't even see the link. Like Tod mentioned it should be there. I wanted to withdraw from BCKidd's comps as i realized it was a bit too restrictive for me. I was afraid that if let's say i hunted 25 mins in a reserve and started on the same reserve right after that hunt ended, since that is against his ROE, i was assuming i could get DQ, and i wasn't sure if that would affect me negatively later on at some point?
Yeah, there was a small link for withdrawing but I removed it completely. I'm not entirely familiar with the rules of engagement for the competition you're referring to, but I would have thought you just wouldn't be able to submit scores from a hunt following one that didn't meet the minimum time restriction. I don't know though, Tod set it up, so I would need to check with him. Otherwise I can't imagine it having any negative impact on you, assuming you mean bans, etc.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Thanks for the answers, Tod and David :)

DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

I also have a question about the UHC website.
Why did you make the site with 100% html tables?
Now it's a nightmare to make it responsive (which for me is something i would love to see, and increases the user experience a lot), custom CSS isn't that hard, you could also use the grid system from bootstrap which works like a charm.

In what script language is it written for all the data, etc?

Also, your giveaway for the 10000Ems attracted a lot of people, though still there were people who didn't want to sign up for the giveaway/UHCapps because you did not have a SSL certificate. Not that i care, but there are people who do not trust it a 100% so do not sign up on it because there is no SSL.

Dark
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

DarkHunterXX wrote:I also have a question about the UHC website.
Why did you make the site with 100% html tables?
Now it's a nightmare to make it responsive (which for me is something i would love to see, and increases the user experience a lot), custom CSS isn't that hard, you could also use the grid system from bootstrap which works like a charm.

In what script language is it written for all the data, etc?

Also, your giveaway for the 10000Ems attracted a lot of people, though still there were people who didn't want to sign up for the giveaway/UHCapps because you did not have a SSL certificate. Not that i care, but there are people who do not trust it a 100% so do not sign up on it because there is no SSL.

Dark
I think the UHC website is one of the fastest loading, spam free and easiest to navigate websites I've ever seen. That's just my own opinion.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Competitions”