UHC Apps | Competition Hosting

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Re: UHC Apps | Competition Generator

Post by J_Birdman »

Oh cool! Thanks Caledonianblues, can't wait to see it, thanks for your time and work!

@Radamus Heheheheh, whoever said Ohioans don't have a sense of humor!

(I think it was Stan, pretty sure ;P)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

You guys know you can set 2 additional time zones in your PC clock on the task bar?

It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tod1d wrote:You guys know you can set 2 additional time zones in your PC clock on the task bar?

I really didn't know this.
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Windows 10 also has an app. (alarms and clocks) that you can put as many as you wish.
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Another update.

Complete:
  • Time zones added to localize competition dates and times
To help remove some of the confusion surrounding dates and times of competitions, UHC members can now specify their time zone so that dates and times will be localized. If you live in a country that has only one time zone, then this parameter should already be set correctly. However, it's worth checking. If you live in a country with multiple time zones, e.g. United States, then unfortunately you will have to set the time zone yourself.

To do this, log into your UHC account and from the menu bar across the top, select Account.

Then, at the bottom of the page, you should see an option to set your time zone. If the time zone has already been updated correctly then you do not need to do anything. Otherwise, update your time zone and click the Update Account Settings button.

Once your time zone is set, you should see competition dates and times in relation to your own location. For example, here is a view of one of the current competitions as a user who has not logged into their UHC account.

You can see that the date and time are displayed in Europe/London time zone. However, if I then log in to my UHC account and go back to the competitions page, the dates and times are localized.

When new users create a UHC account they will be asked to specify their time zone.

At the moment, only the competition page is localized. In the coming days Tod and I will try to ensure that all competition pages show localized dates and times, provided you are logged into your UHC account. For obvious reasons we can never localize dates and times on the forum.

As always, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Radamus wrote::lol: ` Ole Stan The Man! I can imagine a story behind him too, he drives around the country in his motorcoach collecting bumper stickers of famous roadside attractions lingering from the 50's. He keeps detailed records of his S&H Green Stamps books as he's filled them but being a retired accountant and now a part time game warden, it's just how he's wired up. To this day he still gets strange looks from these mindless kids when he ask's for his Green stamps as they look at him with glazed over eyes.

Fortunately for us these missions might not be as brutal as originally envisioned as his trusty sidekick and rational half of the team the last handful of decades, we'll call her "Becky". Becky serves as his test audience who generally scolds him for being so demanding and stubborn so for us, we can probably thank the real boss behind the windshield as they ramble the highways and byways looking for inspiration to administer his own special form of "tough love" in the way it used to be. We can count on Becky to make it bearable but she's used to it. To this day she still tolerates the stares as she whispers in his ear "Stan, they haven't had those stamps since 1988, this kids parents were probably just being born, be nice" .... :D
We laughed and laughed. :lol: :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

J_Birdman wrote:

Only because I brought it here from Virginia :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Thanks for the time zone adjustments, UHC Apps!
Radamus wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:

Only because I brought it here from Virginia :D
Oh, aww, ouch! lol
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Update:
  • Pending competitions
  • Guidelines for submitting comp host requests
Pending Competitions

To make it easier to select dates when submitting a competition host request, and to help me determine priorities,
I've added pending competitions to the Competitions and Calendar pages.

Now, as soon as a competition is accepted, it will appear on the pending competitions tab, and more importantly on the calendar.
Hopefully this will help with scheduling your competition, and keep them from overlapping too much.
We can support up to 4 competitions running simultaneously, but prefer to keep them as balanced as possible.

Guidelines

Also to make it easier when submitting requests, I've added some Guidelines to help hosts. Suitable for copy/paste & edit. ;)
You can copy/paste the headings & add your requirements, or copy/paste the whole thing & just delete the items that don't apply.

The list is just a copy of the guidelines from the Community Competition Template that you can also use when creating an announcement page for the forum.

We've been happy with all of the activity lately, and we hope everyone is enjoying the competitions, missions and contests.

We're up to 727 members & growing. :)

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx for all the updates .
That ''pending comps'' is very useful for hosts for sure .

For the prizes , in proposing a comp , what does the '' I will use my own em$ '' mean ? Does it simply mean that its a code bought by the host , that will be given ? Like its usually done ?

What about '' I have an em$ sponsor '' ? In what situation, i would have to check this box ?
Sorry for my ignorance . Just a little confuse and want to make sure , i understand all options .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Competitions”