Ideas for Competitions

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
EW_Stefan
Scout

Ideas for Competitions

Post by EW_Stefan »

Hello all :D

Over the past weeks I've spoken to a number of players about the competitions we're creating and got very curious since the opinions and preferences go into a lot of different directions. I want to open up the floor and hear your suggestions and ideas about the competitions, for example:
  • What do you like about our competitions?
    What can we improve in the future?
    What do you want to see more of?
Not everything will be possible to implement since we've to act within the technical boundaries of our software, but a lot of fun stuff can be done with it. I'm looking forward to reading your ideas and feedback!
FastGun
Scout

Re: Ideas for Competitions

Post by FastGun »

Competitions are %95 single player and I want to see multiplayer comps.But there is a problem spawn mashing friend problem. We can solve this and letting players join competitions with animals killed just in their map. an animal killed in a friends server will not considered as a entry for competition. This makes your friend can help you only in your map and you have limited attempts. I hope this will be implement.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Some of the best competitions were the "Compound Showdown" and the "Classic Showdown" last year. This gave us a little bit team-comp-feeling. I would like to see more competitions like this. Perhaps regular?

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... d+Showdown

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... c+Showdown
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hello and thx for asking .

What do you like about our competitions? Not a lot to be honest . Always same kind / genre / species . Won by pretty much same players . Some are open for spawnmashing and the distance ones , well, you need to be equipped with tents and all to do those . We need fresh ideas , new comps .

What can we improve in the future? Prizes . Make them higher , more appealing to try them comps , more rewarding . Stop with the long / short distance ones . Nothing about skills here . Make them with less attempts .

What do you want to see more of? Team comps . Multi player comps . Other animals then the ones ,presently , repetitive every week or so . In example , i proposed one to Alena , a while back ,for the female reindeer . Did you ever looked at them ? They are pretty nice and have , may times , bigger antlers than their brothers . I will often choose to harvest nice female vs. a small male .

Just change the ones that are there right now . Not all of them maybe , but some . They are old and boring , repetitive. Samo samo every week .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

DYEUZ wrote:
What do you want to see more of? Team comps . Multi player comps .
Yes! A big thumb up.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Team comps...where each team member MUST have a score THEY shot and THEY harvested, in the same hunt, or it's not a valid team score.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

What do you want to see more of?

i personally enjoy the special events, though due a lack of time im not able to participate on a competitve level at all of them. id like to see them adjusted towards people with not so much time (maybe less attempts?)

and as mentioned in the original topic: it would be great to have reservat competitions with score based on css or another scoring-schema so that every animal counts the same or nearly the same.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

What can we improve in the future?
  • rotate between different starting times (not always 8am EST) so that Europeans have the same chances
  • add more Laura Francese comps, i.e. go to 7 instead of only 5 and cover more species
  • reintroduce the trophies from the good old days, never heard a player complain about them
  • be more consequent in using existing trophies, i.e. use the Whitetail trophy for all WT comps (except Marksman)
  • release comps for new species sooner
  • make new trophies for new species
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
hunterPumpkinhead

Post by hunterPumpkinhead »

I would like to see less attempts allowed for comps.
Also, it would be interesting to have some comps (not all) that only allow 1 attempt. That would even the playing field pretty well for everyone.
Team Comps (as stated above) Where both parties have to have an entry to be counted.
Eliminate the comps for distance (close or far).
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

more weapon specific/scope/iron sight missions
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Competitions”