Guessing Games - Regular Prizes

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Guessing Games - Regular Prizes

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Congrats to the winners and thanks again to David.

Don't ask me how long it took me to come up with #30... I was like: "I know that logo from somewhere, it's looks really familiar! But what is it?" :oops:
Image Image Image
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Congrats to the other winners, and thanks again David.

The NBC logo was a clever one. I was looking at different cloud logos at first and realized it was too symmetrical to be a cloud. I've had turkey hunting on my mind 24/7 the last couple weeks since spring gobbler season is almost here and it made me think how much that white blob was shaped like a turkey tail fan... then it hit me like a ton of bricks :lol:

The Duetsche Bank logo is the only one I'm not sure I've ever seen before, but surprisingly, I spent the most time staring at the Citibank logo. I was convinced it had to be part of a rainbow or something for the longest time. :roll:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

xOEDragonx wrote:The Duetsche Bank logo is the only one I'm not sure I've ever seen before
That surprises me. They've been paying billions of fines and settlements in the USA in the last few years, I thought you would've seen on TV. But maybe the Volkswagen logo replaced it in your memory! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

OK, I was wrong on the Pringles guy- I put Monopoly down and never looked at it BOO! ... and the EW kicked my butt- Smoked by the Citi bank - and 2 others I knew but couldn't hook up. But I want a ruling on 18 whether BOTH possible answers were acceptable? IZOD was the hip "in crowd" thing when I was in school, basically the "nerd alert" logo :lol:

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

IZOD would have been accepted for the Lacoste logo, yes.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I thought you would've seen on TV. But maybe the Volkswagen logo replaced it in your memory! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I don't have cable so I don't see a whole lot of anything on TV. If I want to watch something, I'll find access to it via the Internet or elsewhere ;) I looked it up and it looks like there might be a branch of it in New York or something? I'm gonna make a pretty confident guess that a branch won't be making it's way to rural western Maryland anytime in the near future so I probably won't be seeing that logo again anytime soon... :lol:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'll tell you what's bad - I didn't get the Chase bank one- ... funny part is- I write them a check every month :lol: how in the world I missed that I'll never know....
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Congratulations, winners! And many thanks, David! :)

(I owe my dogs some nice and tasty treats, they woke me up earlier than usual and i got the chance to send the answers :P )

P.S. Looks like many been fooled by NBC peacock logo. Hmmm... it was one of the firsts i've recognized.
Spoiler:

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

#19 Starbucks Coffee was my mistake!
I rushed on this one and I thought that is the Versace logo!
I played logo quiz games so much before and it helped me to recognise almost all of them!

Congrats to the winners. :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

xOEDragonx wrote:Sent in my answers. Great game, fun challenge! I was surprised that I knew so many of them going into it, and a bit of poking around on the internet helped me fill in the handful I didn't know.
You Googled them? Geez, I would have been done in 10 minutes if I could do that. I guess there was no rule against it.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Competitions”