THE ULTIMATE Competition Generator - Coming Soon

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: THE ULTIMATE Competition Generator - Coming July 2013

Post by caledonianblues »

HooCairs wrote:So in JackRbbt's current competition
  • clicking on the avatar or the hunter name would take me to the profile page
  • clicking on a specific bear score would take me to the hunt with that bear
Thanks for considering! :)
At the moment when you click on a score it takes you to the score card for that specific animal. Are you suggesting an additional link that takes you to the summary for the hunt in which that animal was harvested? So perhaps below the score a link labelled "hunt summary"? That would be straight forward enough to implement.
LibertyInc
Spotter

Post by LibertyInc »

caledonianblues wrote:Coming Soon
THE ULTIMATE Competition Generator is a wizard-based tool designed to generate professional competition registration forms, score entry forms, leaderboard tables and many other nice features. Accessible through an online web portal, this tool will be available to everyone in theHunter community and will allow people to create competitions with minimal effort and hassle. A series of web forms will gather the relevant information required to generate registration forms, score entry forms, live leaderboards and many other exciting features. The tool will include an em$ donation system and will give people full control over prizes, score bonuses, rules, objectives, restrictions, species, weapons, reserves, gender and so on.

The competition generator will be available from July 2013 at http://www.ultimatehuntercompetitions.com (domain only just registered and not yet live) and will be FREE for everyone to use.
This will include prizes and em$ donations? Does that mean that we'll also have medal rewards as we know them today?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:At the moment when you click on a score it takes you to the score card for that specific animal.
Didn't even realize this. That is all that's needed so nothing to be added. Except maybe underline the scores or indicate in any other way that they are click-able.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

HooCairs wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:At the moment when you click on a score it takes you to the score card for that specific animal.
Didn't even realize this. That is all that's needed so nothing to be added. Except maybe underline the scores or indicate in any other way that they are click-able.
Check again first post from United Colors of BEARetton, just bellow "Leaderboard" word. ;)
Spoiler:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

It would appear the subject of "spawn mashing" has reared its ugly head again and become a topic of debate in the forum recently.

My personal views on spawn mashing are simple. I have no problem with it and think people should play the game how they wish. However I think those who do it are only detracting from the sense of realism that you get if you play the game in a similar manner to which one would conduct a hunt in reality. The beauty of theHunter is the realism and by exploiting the game's engine, all one achieves is a mathematical advantage over those who prefer to enjoy the realistic experience. I know it bothers some people because it can offer an advantage in competition. For that reason I have included a mechanism for countering spawn mashing in THE ULTIMATE Competition Generator.

When generating a competition, the user will be able to enable "anti spawn mashing". This will enforce a system whereby participants have to "activate" the score form each time they go on a hunt. This will tell the system that they are about to start a hunt and after 60 minutes (or whatever time the host defines) the score form will allow the participant to post data. This will also deduct an "attempt" from that participant. The number of attempts allowed will be defined by the host prior. Once all attempts have been used the score form for that user is rendered "read-only".

If a participant activates the form then conducts multiple short hunts and submits scores from more than one hunt, the host will be able to make a decision to disqualify that person from competition on the basis that they have broken the rules of the competition. This is still not a perfect system on the basis that a participant could still submit scores from multiple short hunts. However, it does introduce an "attempts" feature to the system which ultimately renders the participant unable to submit further scores.

Until such times as third party developers can access the EW data on a real-time basis, I cannot think of a better solution.
MrEnzO
Outfitter

Post by MrEnzO »

I don't know if someone have asked this, and if is even possible, but have a countdown clock or something thats show how much time it is left of the comp.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

MrEnzO wrote:I don't know if someone have asked this, and if is even possible, but have a countdown clock or something thats show how much time it is left of the comp.
Good suggestion, I will implement this.

Thanks!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Wow! Quite an awesome contribution. Making Forum Based Comps will be a lot more interesting once this is available. I like the idea of quashing the spawn mashers... Cool. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RangerV1
Outfitter

Post by RangerV1 »

any updates? still planning for a July release?

I am really looking forward to this release as it looks promising!
SnakeEyes
Tracker

Post by SnakeEyes »

it would be cool to have this

Return to “Competitions”