"The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "The Unsettled 2019" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Well i finished all my attempts, i got all the animals and the competition is over for me, was fun, hard and defiant to try the handgun hunting in the Black Bears, so congratulations to the winners and good luck to people still in the race, and thanks to BCKidd and the other host for this great competition, we will met again in RFF i hope.
Good Job! Just completing a score card is always the first goal! and so far, you've got me whipped.

Looking at the scores it's apparent, there are not many elk spawned in SC and I think it's fairly known, not a lot of bears either when you compare it to RFF. I might go so far as to say there's only 1 maybe 2 groups of bull elk to find? Whatcha all think??? - I haven't looked intently over the whole map but I've only found 1 group one time when I did look for them but my other attempts were ruined and cut short by my mistakes. In total I haven't covered many km yet but I've a chore ahead of me just to post any kind of score.

@JimboCrow ~ One thing I've noticed about BC's comps, they all have said "First Annual" haven't they? that means once a year right? :D So Mr Kidd~ better keep writing them books because you're going to be sending me free books for a while :P :lol: ..... yea, looks like I might be buying it this month but that's ok, my contribution to your "comp fund" ;)
You still have one attempt...cough, cough left, so you never know. Two out of three still leaves nine to go. :P ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I have 2 attempts :P
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:oops: :oops: My bad. But, it won't make a difference... :P :P :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Wanted to also let you all know- that I will carry on with this comp series in chronological order, Picca Bean will be where we end it. Following that, the next series of comps will be done in order of season. So, no worries, the order isn't going to change for this series. Thanks for all your feed-back regarding the question. ;) Respectfully.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Well, I ain't gonna wait 'round for Rad to post some score, so, I'm gonna use my last attempt up tonight. Then I'll avert my attention to testing some upcoming comps. Don't forget folks the RFF comp is up next, and I know how you are all lookin' forward to that one! RIP SCs... 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:Well, I ain't gonna wait 'round for Rad to post some score, so, I'm gonna use my last attempt up tonight. Then I'll avert my attention to testing some upcoming comps. Don't forget folks the RFF comp is up next, and I know how you are all lookin' forward to that one! RIP SCs... 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Saving up for the weekend chief! It's going to be intense! But if I'm being honest looking at your scores :? the only bright point is you "also ran" But tell me, who remembers who finished 9th in the Belmont Stakes last year? No one does because it was all about Justify where he sealed the deal on the Triple Crown :P

Oh I've spent the small break away working on my mental game because it's all down to mind over matter at this point - I may even do a couple more MP hunts just to mess with your mind and your math :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

This one is over for me. Only improved on the gobbler, SC sure seemed quiet to me during this comp. Now I'll sit back and watch what happens with the LB. It has already changed since, my last look. :shock: Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Why? For heaven's sake, why? :cry:

That bear was standing still while I shot it. It was perfectly broadside, the bullet entered at a right angle.

Fix those damn hit boxes, EW! :evil: They're important in a game that's about (ethical) hunting! Or tell me what I've done wrong here, was my aim off?

Sorry for the rant, but it took me an hour to get a (presumably) good shot, the bear had spooked multiple times already. I needed to get this off my chest.
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Why? For heaven's sake, why?
Maybe when you spooked him he ran really fast then stopped suddenly, causing all of his organs to shift forward with the inertia. Either that the hit boxes are just screwed up. Joking aside, I agree with you that something needs to be done. Not only is hit detection a vital part of the game, it renders missions and competitions (official and community) totally unpredictable. Not to mention the sheer frustration it causes when you invest time and effort to get the perfect animal into the right position, only to be robbed of what should have been a clean shot and a worthwhile submission.

Well, maybe a review of the hit boxes is on the jam-packed 2019 roadmap we were promised ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:Well, maybe a review of the hit boxes is on the jam-packed 2019 roadmap we were promised ;)
We both know it's not going to happen, David. If they were able to do this with reasonable effort, they would probably already have done it a few years ago, even though it's not something you can monetize. I just needed to vent, I don't really think the hit boxes will change at this point of development.
Image Image Image

Return to “Competitions”