"Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: "Slug Fest 2019" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Attempts certainly restrict "mashing" and make you concentrate on a few quality hunts. Of course luck is a big factor since you have to hit a good spawn in at least one or two of your attempts. Also: if a competition uses attempts and there are only a few of them (like in this one: 5), I'm reluctant to start a hunt unless I know I have four or five hours to play - something that doesn't happen all the time, even on weekends. So I guess the phrase "Variety is the spice of life" applies here - I like that you're changing between both options.
What I like is the ease of which hosts can check hunt history. I didn't even grind on this one, other then full 7+ hr hunt times. And that is a plus in my opinion. 8-) Respectfully.

BCKidd.
Radamus wrote:I like the attempts in this particular case, it seems to work well and it takes away the advantage of unlimited time because you do have to make each one count. The only drawback to it is the possible loos of a hunt due to elements beyond ones control - So when you put up say 5 attempts, I basically throw 1 out and call it 4 - so in the case I don't have a problem it's like getting bonus - it's all perception but it's my method to dealing with "issues" should they arise.
Yep. me too. I wish I had used attempts more often. That Sitka Cull Comp- drained me. I did nothing but grind and that gets boring after a while. With attempts one needs to plan on when to hunt and for how long they are committed to a hunt. Not simply go out and grind like a madman. :lol: ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

PS: I get it now Stan.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Hey Rad, you made 13th spot again- you know what that means... :P :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

Thanks for the comp! Didn't do all that good..started off not bad but couldn't find any good BT. As for the attempts,Didn't David at one time have a start hunt button on one of his comps,so as to use a attempt for the comp you had to click the start attempt and it would subtract the attempt from the allowed until they were used up? That would save on unsubmitted entries.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:Hey Rad, you made 13th spot again- you know what that means... :P :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.
What I do know is this number - 60/20 - that's the difference between you having 1 attempt left while I have 3 :D ~ fyi` got the boat loaded up to leave Mud Creek, the cat is out of the bag and I'm really falling for a Bouvier :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

leafman1 wrote:Thanks for the comp! Didn't do all that good..started off not bad but couldn't find any good BT. As for the attempts,Didn't David at one time have a start hunt button on one of his comps,so as to use a attempt for the comp you had to click the start attempt and it would subtract the attempt from the allowed until they were used up? That would save on unsubmitted entries.
I do believe so. Not sure if it is still available or what might all be involved in setting that up. Good thought tho'. I'll leave it to Tod to clarify the simplicity of that... if any. Glad you had fun leastwise. Next comp comes up in Feb. Hope to see you there. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Hey Rad, you made 13th spot again- you know what that means... :P :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.
What I do know is this number - 60/20 - that's the difference between you having 1 attempt left while I have 3 :D ~ fyi` got the boat loaded up to leave Mud Creek, the cat is out of the bag and I'm really falling for a Bouvier :lol:
You and your damn logic in numbers... :P has disgruntled me. :lol: I shall cause you Havoc in the next comp. ;) I hope you have nightmares... :lol: :lol: Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Wow- :o LB changed again. Nicely done KK1 and Von! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well, i made another hunt, got a nice BT at first, and after looking everywhere i found a coyote, sadly not better than my previous, but when i was about to call it a day i heard a buck calling, i went to spot him and got this:

Score: 145+ (from 140-180 range lol)
Weight:89 aprox.

Now i am in second place in the competition Leaderboard with this BT. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BCKidd wrote:Wow- :o LB changed again. Nicely done KK1 and Von! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
And that's 14h safe to now proceed :twisted:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Wow- :o LB changed again. Nicely done KK1 and Von! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
And that's 14h safe to now proceed :twisted:
Yeah, but you're gonna end up in 13th again. :twisted: :P Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

After a 6.5 hour hunt yesterday I got a darn good Blacktail that moved me up the ladder! Nobody knows what tomorrow will bring but I'm hoping that I run into a big-fat-bull.
"Patience and perseverance" . . . How true, eh BC? :lol:
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Competitions”