Forum League Comp #13

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Lucky
Outfitter

Re: Forum League Comp #13

Post by Lucky »

BCKidd wrote: I like shaking things up. Same rules, same scoring, is like a sandwich made from stale bread! And nobody likes stale bread. :lol: ;)

BCKidd.
And some don't even like sandwiches' :lol: :lol:
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet
when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.'
There is no beginning or end..Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery."
Today is a gift.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

LuckyMurph wrote:
BCKidd wrote: I like shaking things up. Same rules, same scoring, is like a sandwich made from stale bread! And nobody likes stale bread. :lol: ;)

BCKidd.
And some don't even like sandwiches' :lol: :lol:
Oooooo!!!! Smells like history!!! Sandwich - a word from German history of origin)))) "butterbrot" in German still means exclusively "bread with butter", and if it also includes "a slice of sausage, cheese, ham, etc.", then it will already be "covered bread "(German belegtes Brot) or" shtulle ". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

I am b ecoming real hungry , reading all this :lol: :lol: Not sure if it counts as a sandwich but I'm gonna make myself some Hamburgers now :P :D mmmhhhh
Stats
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Faultier wrote:I am b ecoming real hungry , reading all this :lol: :lol: Not sure if it counts as a sandwich but I'm gonna make myself some Hamburgers now :P :D mmmhhhh
"I'll take mine with lettuce and tomato, big kosher pickles, and french-fried potatoes." Cheese Burger in Paradise- Jimmy Buffet. :lol: 8-)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Faultier wrote:I am b ecoming real hungry , reading all this :lol: :lol: Not sure if it counts as a sandwich but I'm gonna make myself some Hamburgers now :P :D mmmhhhh
Try at least one with a stale bun to see if BC knows what he's talking about! ;)
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

TheWind7 wrote:
Try at least one with a stale bun to see if BC knows what he's talking about! ;)
Canadian hamburgers don't need a stale bun- they are the worst already! :? If you order one in a Canadian restaurant, you don't get an option: they're cooked to extremely "well done", and are as dry and tasteless as the hockey pucks that they look like. And then, to make it worse... they put gravy on thier French fries! :roll:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

splainin2do wrote:
TheWind7 wrote:
Canadian hamburgers don't need a stale bun- they are the worst already! :? If you order one in a Canadian restaurant, you don't get an option: they're cooked to extremely "well done", and are as dry and tasteless as the hockey pucks that they look like. And then, to make it worse... they put gravy on thier French fries! :roll:
:? What part of Canada are you talkin' 'bout? I can order a burger from any restaurant and have them cooked raw if I like. But, I really don't like blood soaking into my hamburger bun- that is jus' gross. Might as well wrap ones lips around a cow's jugular and suck away, if that is the case. :lol: ;) Besides homemade anything, is better than anything from a restaurant- even in Yank land I'm sure. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

BCKidd wrote:
splainin2do wrote:
TheWind7 wrote:
:? What part of Canada are you talkin' 'bout? I can order a burger from any restaurant and have them cooked raw if I like. But, I really don't like blood soaking into my hamburger bun- that is jus' gross. Might as well wrap ones lips around a cow's jugular and suck away, if that is the case. :lol: ;) Besides homemade anything, is better than anything from a restaurant- even in Yank land I'm sure. ;)

BCKidd.
That would have been in Whistler, about a dozen years ago. Hubby and I were able to go on a skiing vacation as a reward from his company for working there for 25 years (that was before he started his own business). We ordered burgers, and didn't even think about them not asking how we wanted them. When they came out like hockey pucks, we asked if they could be redone. We were told "By law, we're not allowed to cook them any way besides well done." :shock:

I'm glad to hear that is NOT the case, and that you can enjoy a good burger after all! :) And you are absolutely correct about the homemade stuff - I *love* to cook, and I don't mind saying that I'm pretty good at it, too!

Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Good thing i wrote it down here cause sometimes I can't even remember what I've been eating yesterday , not to mention 12 years ago :lol: :lol: That Burger must have been really bad :shock:
What I remember from my trip to Whistler mountain is that it must be one of the greatest places to go snowboarding or skiing I've ever been. ;)
Stats
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Faultier wrote:Good thing i wrote it down here cause sometimes I can't even remember what I've been eating yesterday , not to mention 12 years ago :lol: :lol: That Burger must have been really bad :shock:
What I remember from my trip to Whistler mountain is that it must be one of the greatest places to go snowboarding or skiing I've ever been. ;)
That burger was the worst part of the whole vacation. :lol: We had a wonderful time- it is absolutely beautiful up there, and the people were so friendly (Of course - Canadians... what else would you expect? ;) )!! We were in the best shape of our lives, and had spent a bit of our own money on top of what the company had allotted so it was extra special. It was hubby's birthday while we were there, and he was able to go heliskiing! :o Not me - I enjoy the easy, scenic trails rather than the places where I can get hurt or killed. :lol: It's been years since we've skied at all, though. :?

Return to “Competitions”