Leaderboard?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Leaderboard?

Post by OldMtnMan »

I compete in competitions but i'm most interested in the Leaderboard. It lasts longer than winning a comp and the scores are always tough to match.

Does the Leaderboard have problems? Not that my scores are anything great but if I do have a score that makes the leaderboard i'd like to see it there. I should be in 8th place for Rocky Mountain Elk and Grizzly Bear and it doesn't show me on the those two lists at all.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Leaderboard?

Post by Fletchette »

A new season started on the 1st. Did you harvest those animals in the last 2 days?
Personal Bests...
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

The leaderboard resets every three months, and that triggers a new "season" of the game. The people with #1 harvests are recorded in the Hall of Fame and the rest of the animals on the list are just gone.

The leaderboard just reset yesterday on the first of the month and will do so again on June 1st.

Your personal best RME is 399 and was killed on February 26th, which counts as last season. So he will not appear on this season's leaderboard. I assume your bear is the same. Any animal you kill from March 1-May 31 can potentially appear on the leaderboard.

Hope that all makes sense.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The bear was killed today and just showed up.

The elk never showed up and still isn't at the top above 1st place. Won't that always show your best score regardless of season? The elk isn't a good score and far from my PB but that was with my old name. I knew it would be on the list for long. The bear isn't too bad though.

Ok, thanks. It's partially solved. I'm still confused about the elk.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Animals can take up to 24 hours to show up on official leaderboards, so that explains the bear.

No, the top of the leaderboard doesn't show your personal best animal of all time. It only shows your biggest for the season and the rank it would be on the leaderboard. If that elk was your best for the season, it would may been displayed above the leaderboard from the day it was killed (February 26) to the day the leaderboard reset (March 1). So it only would have been there for 2-3 days. And since it can take up to 24 hours to show up, subtract another day. You shot him at the very, very end of the season so his time on that leaderboard was painfully limited. Now that it's a new season, you'll see your new season's best at the top of the leaderboard. It will update whenever you shoot a bigger one. And on June 1st, they will all poof away again.

If you'd like to see your all-time personal best animals, you can do that by going to your account -> statistics -> personal bests. That list will always show your personal best score and longest distance of every species you've killed, regardless of season.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, thanks. That explains the Leaderboard better. I knew about the personal best and was using it to compare to the Leaderboard. I can see that won't work because of the seasons.

It would be nice if they showed what season the list is in with beginning and ending date. With my failing memory I can't remember when the 3 mo starts and stops.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Michaelairjordan

Post by Michaelairjordan »

I shot artic fox 17.3356 and was second by a few hundreths but
Just look at leader especially what animal you are interested in
And memerise and get a feel of what a leaderboard animal is.
It's usually the same but they have upped scores on some animals and lowered some over the yrs
And some weird reason newbies are always at the top
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

There's some luck involved shooting a high scoring animal. It doesn't take any more talent to shoot a Leaderboard animal than one in 10th place. You just need to be in the same place at the same time as the animal. No reason a noob can't be at the top.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”