Cannot Pick Up or Move Electronic Caller

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
wt_hunting
Scout

Cannot Pick Up or Move Electronic Caller

Post by wt_hunting »

While doing missions in TGT, I needed to move an Electronic Caller from the Valley to the Mountains to help complete a Puma mission. I found that I can't pick up the caller. The band of color does not appear, like it does for dismantling a flag, or a Predator rabbit lure, or a bait barrel. I have tried over several days, at all 4 of my stations in TGT, and no go. I ended up purchasing a new Electronic Caller to use for the Puma mission. After it was complete, I couldn't pic it up either. Today, I also tried in Whitehart Island, and Settler Creeks. No go.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, was there a solution?

I have sent a video to support.
xOEDragonx

Re: Cannot Pick Up or Move Electronic Caller

Post by xOEDragonx »

Unfortunately I have not experienced this. What happens when you hit your button that brings up the radial menu for the caller? Does the radial menu appear? Is the option to pick up the caller greyed out or does it light up and it just won't let you pick it up? You have to be very close to an e-caller to pick it up, I'd say within 1-2 meters, are you sure you're close enough to it? That wouldn't explain it not highlighting though.

I just ended a hunt on Hemmeldal where I took an e-caller along. I was able to place it and pick it up throughout the hunt without issue and used it to harvests a couple lynx. I'm not sure what's causing your issue.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

wt_hunting wrote:The band of color does not appear, like it does for dismantling a flag
That is correct. Picking up the caller works differently. You need stand on top of the e-caller, then press the key that you use to activate the calls (default: B). Now instead of selecting a call, press the option in the middle of the radial menu.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

Wow, thank you. That has changed from the past? I for sure recall just doing it the same way as other items.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I was like that from day 1. The first and only animal was the bobcat, and even then you needed to access the caller menu to dismantle it.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

You might have experienced this rarely occurring bug. I had it once - the ecaller could not be found or retrieved, and I knew where it should have been - I had to email support for them to put it in my inventory.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”