Unable to Create or Join a Game

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
EmmaHunter
Outfitter

Unable to Create or Join a Game

Post by EmmaHunter »

Hey folks,

Haven't been on the forum in a long, long time, but I'm a little frustrated here.
Yesterday I splurged a little and bought a light duck decoy spread and a retriever so I could do some duck hunting. I haven't spent money on this game in forever but had a little nostalgia and really wanted to play. Had no issues yesterday, ended the hunt, went to bed, no problem.
This morning I boot up the launcher and when I click Singleplayer or Multiplayer, all I get is this: Image
No idea why. I can view active multiplayer games but nothing happens when I click on them. I've restarted the launcher and my computer, cleared game and launcher cache, and even completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. It stays like this no matter how long I leave it alone. I've tried loop-holing and back-dooring, but nothing is working.

Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated... Super bummed that I just went and spent money on this game only for it to break on me the next day :/

Thanks in advance!

ETA: I just now saw this post but the one fix posted didn't help me at all. Same issue, no solution :cry:
EmmaHunter
Outfitter

Re: Unable to Create or Join a Game

Post by EmmaHunter »

Fixed after most recent update.... Weird.
Frew13

Post by Frew13 »

EmmaHunter wrote:Fixed after most recent update.... Weird.
Most likely, unfortunately, this problem may recur later :(
EmmaHunter
Outfitter

Post by EmmaHunter »

Frew13 wrote:Most likely, unfortunately, this problem may recur later :(
Yeah, most likely.... nobody seems to have a fix either evidently.

Lol, update, it's broken again after the most recent "hot fix". This really, really sucks. Not gonna spend another dime on this game if it's unplayable half the time and nobody has a solution......

Sent an email to support. Sure would be nice to play the game before the holiday event is over... don't have very high hopes for that though......... :(
Frew13

Post by Frew13 »

EmmaHunter wrote:
Sure would be nice to play the game before the holiday event is over...
Wish you had enough time to play during this event ;)
EmmaHunter
Outfitter

Post by EmmaHunter »

Hey folks! Support got back to me with a supposed solution. I can't test it as my game is now working again, but this is what I got:

"1. Perform clean installation on your C: drive following these steps in order:

Uninstall theHunter Classic through Control Panel (and through Steam, if any.
Manually delete theHunter Steam folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter (if any)
Delete theHunter Application Data: Press Windows +R >> type %appdata% >> Press Enter and delete "theHunter", "theHunterSteam", "LauncherSettings_live.cfg", "TheHunterSettings_live", and "TheHunterSettings_steam_live.cfg"

2. Verify integrity of game files:

Via Steam open your game library
Right click on the game title and select "Properties"
Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and click on "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
Start a game session
Try launching the game"

Thanks Nick Tennant for the advice. I had tried reinstalling the game and then verifying integrity of game files, but I didn't go through and search for & delete residual files, so maybe that's the key. Anyone else with this issue, if you feel like putting in the work, give this a shot and let me know if it works.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

I've had to do the verify integrity of game files a couple of times when I had issues with loading and game crashes and it solved the issue for me both times.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
EmmaHunter
Outfitter

Post by EmmaHunter »

I did as I was told and completely uninstalled and removed all game files associated with TheHunter, reinstalled on Steam, verified integrity of game files, and now the issue is back. Can't seem to get any kind of lasting solution.... Meh, oh well. I guess if I can get it to work once in a while it isn't a total loss.... still frustrating, though.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”