Server down?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
muledeer
Hunter

Re: Server down?

Post by muledeer »

so Good Morning Devs ... hope you have a nice day
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

I'm done.
Good time to sleep.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

I "bump" it in here as well if it's okay for the moderator(s):
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 61#p977661

Servers are unstable still!

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

mapache01 wrote:Well what will be the refund now, they cannot add DAYS to membership, so they have to refund gm$
In order to get a refund, or compensation as I suspect you're referring to, you need to have paid for something. The game is now completely free. Unless Expansive Worlds have figured out a way to refund time, you're in for a disappointment.

Nobody can complain now when the servers go down. It's a free service. We just have to take what we can get. Like the old saying goes ... "you get what you pay for" ;)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

caledonianblues wrote:"you get what you pay for" ;)
Well, I have just bought a bunch of arrows, and yes, I have them all in my inventory :D

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Pretty_Boy wrote:
Well, I have just bought a bunch of arrows, and yes, I have them all in my inventory :D
Exactly. You got what you paid for. If we still paid for membership, we could complain about the fact you can't currently use them. But since we don't ... :?
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

caledonianblues wrote:
Pretty_Boy wrote:
Exactly. You got what you paid for. If we still paid for membership, we could complain about the fact you can't currently use them. But since we don't ... :?
So what you are saying is if for example you buy a car, and you have got the car home, just what you paid for, you will not complain if the car must stay in the garage 24/7? It's not ment to bring outside, no complains? :lol:

EDIT: I see I use the word "you" wrong, it's more like "we".

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Pretty_Boy wrote:So what you are saying is if for example you buy a car, and you have got the car home, just what you paid for, you will not complain if the car must stay in the garage 24/7? It's not ment to bring outside, no complains? :lol:

EDIT: I see I use the word "you" wrong, it's more like "we".
That's not really a good comparison. When you buy a car there's not a clause in the sale or lease agreement that says the manufacturer will do its best it can to make sure you can use it, but that they might come to your house and update your car at any time, and also have the right to withdraw your car for any reason.

You get the point I'm making. The game is free to play. You don't have to buy arrows. You could have used gm$. The service (access to the game) is now not something we pay for. Expansive Worlds no longer has to offer compensation for downtime. They don't even need to offer an explanation or an apology.

Unless you can show me the clause in the game terms of service that says Expansive Worlds has to make the game available so that you can use the store items you bought ;)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

It is a very good comparison because the intension of use of what you/we are bying are of great interest and high value. Lawyers are very interested in listening to intensions, even tho it's not written in any clause they have to ask such questions or grant any warranty for getting any answers. There exists a lot of privat people who try many different ways to success disclaimer, thats one of the reasons why lawyers need to put their cards the right way, so thay can face the fact and understand the responsibility of their actions. I'm very happy I'm not a lawyer, I don't judge people for their actions, this I forward to God.

Have you not read Newton's laws of Motion ;) Peace.

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Pretty_Boy wrote:...thats one of the reasons why lawyers need to put their cards the right way, so thay can face the fact and understand the responsibility of their actions.
That's an extremely PC way of saying, "Manipulate the truth in your favor" :lol:

Perhaps the better analogy would be you receive a free car, but then the roads are all closed. Yeh, you payed for the gas (maybe), but you're not burning any gas while the car sits. ;) ??
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”