Major Bug/Script issue!? [Weapon Rank/Skill Sharing]

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
MSRM

Major Bug/Script issue!? [Weapon Rank/Skill Sharing]

Post by MSRM »

Hello to the developers!

I have a puzzle i'm hoping you can solve. As we've moved into a new business model I feel it would be very wise to highlight a few bugs within the weaponry system which seriously effect purchases and progression for all players.
I'm hoping you can help me and others understand a few things.

The first example i'll use is the .30-06 Bolt Action Rifle Classic and the .30-06 Stutzen Bolt Action Rifle. These two weapons are not remotely similar in look, feel or even what sights they can use. The only thing they have in common is they share the same Calibre.

The bug aspect is that although these two level completely separately in-game they are in fact sharing the same Hunt score. If i bought the stutzen for example and killed 1000 animals with it to receive my 2 hunt score per kill before it becomes 1 hunt score per kill then I decided after seeing the other .30-06 ( a completely different gun ) that was not levelled, I buy it, to then find it's not rewarding 2 hunt score like it should be. Well according to the weapons levelling system they're different at least.

The other example is weapons like the 20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun Carbon and the 20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun Swamp Camo. These two are not sharing the level system but also share the hunt score system. Face value would suggest it's an entirely different weapon, until you buy it... These two are a lot more similar but still different as the weapons levelling system would suggest.

This is where is gets weird..

The .300 Bolt Action Rifle Carbon and the .300 Bolt Action Rifle Composite Do not share the weapon levelling system and do not share the hunt score system??? Hooray!! This makes perfect sense. But wait that's the same deal as both 20 GA Shotguns no?? How do they differ?

This would be like saying the .45-70 Government Lever Action Rifle and the .45-70 Buffalo Rifle are the same gun because they share the same calibre like the 30-06's. Or the 6.5x55 Bolt Action Rifle Panther and the 6.5x55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle are the same when they're totally different also.

I feel it would be very important to sort these out though so more people aren't totally confused or lose funds due to taking the weapons system at face value.

Let me know your findings,

Kind regards MSRM
Last edited by Hawkeye on May 15th, 2019, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarified title

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”