Cant play on steam

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Cant play on steam

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

when I click play it puts me on steam under a guest account....which means I have nothing I have purchased over the last 9 years.how do my get my account back that I played on under the web site? and get it transferred to steam so I can play again.any help I would appreciate
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Cant play on steam

Post by Hawkeye »

Moved to <Support & Technical Issues >
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

INSANEPAPPY60 wrote:when I click play it puts me on steam under a guest account....which means I have nothing I have purchased over the last 9 years.how do my get my account back that I played on under the web site? and get it transferred to steam so I can play again.any help I would appreciate
When you launch the game from Steam for the first time, you'll see this screen:
https://imgur.com/dtSwMu9

Just click "Connect existing account to Steam" and write you theHunter account information and you're good... :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

INSANEPAPPY60 wrote:when I click play it puts me on steam under a guest account....which means I have nothing I have purchased over the last 9 years.how do my get my account back that I played on under the web site? and get it transferred to steam so I can play again.any help I would appreciate
Howdy INSANEPAPPY60 howdy!! :D

It sounds like you have two accounts on theHunter, your INSANEPAPPY60 account and a guest account. If that is the case, it sounds like your guest account is LINKED to your STEAM account. What you need to do is UNLINK your guest account from STEAM, and then LINK your INSANEPAPPY60 account in its place. This is how you do that:

Step 1) Close Steam on your computer if it is open.
Step 2) Using an internet browser go to theHunter website at http://www.theHunter.com. If it 'automatically' signs you in to your guest account then proceed to step 3. If it 'automatically' signs you in to your INSANEPAPPY60 account then sign out first (top right - exit button,) and then back in with your guest account.
Step 3) In your guest account, under Settings at the top right of the page, click on Account Settings and then select Steam Settings on the left side of the menu. You should see a warning about disconnecting your STEAM Account from your theHunter guest account. Click on the "I understand and want to disconnect my Steam Account"
Step 4) Log out of your guest account on theHunter website, and close the browser. Then start Steam, click on theHunter game, and click PLAY. You should be asked to LINK your theHunter account to your STEAM account. Sign in as INSANEPAPPY60 to link that account to your STEAM Account. That should do it. Now when you start STEAM, and start theHunter game, it should take you automatically to your INSANEPAPPY60 account.

Have a good one friend, and Good Hunting! Jimbo. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, I took so long writing this that HD_Artworks may have already answered your question. If not, I hope this helps.
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

Thanks for all the help guys..Back on again!

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”