Steam update not working for me

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
rj16066
Tracker

Steam update not working for me

Post by rj16066 »

I have not been able to get into a reserve since the total move to steam. It goes to the end of the hunt screen, never into the reserve. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Went through all the troubleshooting tips provided on the support page, still will not go into the game. I always used the direct server launcher.

Any help or suggestions on how to get this to work would be appreciated.

BTW, COTW works fine. But I do not like that game, I prefer the classic.

Thanks
RJ

Win10 64bit /Intel 5930 i7 @ 3.5ghz 6-core/Gigabyte x99 UD3 / EVGA GTX1080 8Gig- / CORSAIR H2O 620 CPU Watercooler /Corsair 1000w PS/ 32-gig corsair Vengeance / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB WD caviar black / 2 TB Caviar / SA950 1920 x 1080
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Steam update not working for me

Post by VonStratos »

To be clear, are you still using the original web launcher? or did you installed Steam and the Steam version of The Hunter?. The old web launcher is no longer supported since the last change.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Moved to <Support & Technical Issues>
rj16066
Tracker

Post by rj16066 »

Yes, I have deleted the original server game. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Steam game multiple times and it still will not go to a reserve.

Win10 64bit /Intel 5930 i7 @ 3.5ghz 6-core/Gigabyte x99 UD3 / EVGA GTX1080 8Gig- / CORSAIR H2O 620 CPU Watercooler /Corsair 1000w PS/ 32-gig corsair Vengeance / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB WD caviar black / 2 TB Caviar / SA950 1920 x 1080
Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

Hi rj16066, it's not clear to me when your problem happens; what do you mean with "It goes to the end of the hunt screen, never into the reserve."?
Checking step by step (just to be sure):
1) Do you regularly enter in the Steam version of tHC Launcher (headed ".. ( v825 | v2019050301 | STEAM )")?
2) After that, the red "HUNT NOW V" button let you access a "Single player game" (with the reserves' map)?
3) After that, can you select a lodge/tent and press the red "Start game" button?
4) After that, do you get the client window/screen telling "LOADING _(reserve_name)_ HUNTING RESERVE ..."?
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

rj16066
Tracker

Post by rj16066 »

Sorry, been opening trouble tickets with no response from the crew.

Yes, I regularly enter the hunter server version. But have not been able to get to a reserve since the move to the Steam platform.

I followed all of the reset suggestions from the support page, the one with deleting %appdata% stuff. No Joy.

Yes I can hit the Hunt Now and select a Single Player game. ( v825 | v2019050301 | STEAM )")
Yes I can get to all of the options, News, Store, Cometitions, Leaderboards, Missions, Help tabs.
I then can choose any reserve, but when I hit the start Game button, it only goes blank on the screen going to the reserve. No reserve.

Now this is happening on both of my computers. I have turned off my AntiVirus, and still NO JOY.

This does not happen on any other Steam Game I have (0ver 170) including COTW.

Something to do with the game going to multiple screens for the game to get to the reserve screen.

Thanks for any help.

RJ

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

By blank do you mean you see the desktop or just black screen? Is the game running? Can you hear anything? Does the Task Manager show the game is still running (theHunter.exe)? There are circumstances where the game starts, but is running minimized. If that's the case, there is a Windows keystroke combination to restore it to full screen, but I'd have to search for it.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”