I Need Help to Install the FTP Hunter Classic Game on Steam

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Wetland
Outfitter

I Need Help to Install the FTP Hunter Classic Game on Steam

Post by Wetland »

I have been trying to do this the past two days and have run into a roadblock. I LOVE and want to PLAY this game so bad, but am a really dummy when trying to do some of these computer things. he he

Below is what I believe I have tried to do so far:

- Went to TH Classic Forum to see how to do this and found nothing from EW or anybody else having problems
with this.
- Hit the HUNT NOW Button on my THC Home Page and tried to Download the new Patch and Download stopped
at 45%??? It said I need to restart the launcher. I clicked on OK Box and it said Ready ... and just
stayed there??? Ready for what? I assume it meant to Install the game on Steam, but not sure. he he
- I clicked on the HUNT NOW Button again and a STEAM Page popped up about THClassic FTP Game. I clicked
on the PLAY GAME Button.
- I tried to create a New Steam Account and received an E-mail Verification back from Steam. Then it told
me to Return to the Account Creation Window to complete Creating your New Steam Account. I tried this
and couldn't find out what my ACCOUNT NAME and PASSWORD are???
- Steam said I need to have the Steam Desktop Application Installed before I can Install and launch TheHunter
Classic. I clicked on INSTALL Steam on my computer (C:\Program Files\(x86)\Steam) and a STEAM ICON
appeared on my Computer Desktop. I clicked on the Steam Icon and a couple boxes came up saying YES
STEAM IS INSTALLED and NO I NEED STEAM. I clicked on the I NEED STEAM box.
- When I clicked on the HUNT NOW Button a box came up asking me what my New ACCOUNT NAME and
PASSWORD were. I don't know what these are? I was never asked or told what these ACCOUNT NAME and
PASSWORDS are? How do I get these things so I can continue with this New Steam Account Process and be
able to Install TheHunter Classic (FTP) Game on my computer?

Any help anyone can provide me to do this so I can play the game would be Greatly APPRECIATED!!!

Wetland
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: I Need Help to Install the FTP Hunter Classic Game on Steam

Post by L3M182 »

you need to install steam mate its a totally different thing. might as well uninstall the web launcher

https://store.steampowered.com/about/

once youve installed that and created an account you can then download and install classic on steam
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

THANKS for trying to help me with this L3M182! I Installed Steam on my computer as you suggested, but I'm still having Problems trying to Login to Steam. I tried to create a new Steam Account again and received the Steam Account E-mail Verification, but do not know how to COMPLETE creating my new Steam Account. It says to return to the Account Creation Window to do this but what do need to do to complete this? When I tried to Login to Steam and gave them an ACCOUNT NAME and PASSWORD it told me my PASSWORD was invalid? Why is it so hard to create a new Steam Account? I must be doing something wrong. he he

Wetland
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

As far i remember, when creating the Steam account it will require a valid email, let your email open to easy access in another window, now proceed with the register, Steam should send a confirmation email, it could be a auto link or a code with numbers, i dont remember which one because i did long ago. Now with Steam installed and once logged in go to the store section of Steam, not The Hunter store, the store of Steam, and there use the search to look for "The Hunter", once you find the game you can install from there, once the game is properly installed you may need lik the account, i dont know if this still must be done or is automatic now, but if you need to do it then here is the information to do it:

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Steam

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Wetland wrote:THANKS for trying to help me with this L3M182! I Installed Steam on my computer as you suggested, but I'm still having Problems trying to Login to Steam. I tried to create a new Steam Account again and received the Steam Account E-mail Verification, but do not know how to COMPLETE creating my new Steam Account. It says to return to the Account Creation Window to do this but what do need to do to complete this? When I tried to Login to Steam and gave them an ACCOUNT NAME and PASSWORD it told me my PASSWORD was invalid? Why is it so hard to create a new Steam Account? I must be doing something wrong. he he

Wetland
you will have been sent a link and a code via email from steam click that link and it will take you to the log in page. enter the code and log in. after that you will only need to launch steam as you can select it to save the details to your pc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFwoMNJtOW8

this link is to a video of the whole process of getting on steam
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

Many THANKS again L3M182 for giving me this Tutorial Information on Installing Steam. Will give it a try. he he

Wetland
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Wetland, this might also help:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -IHXM-4853

To explain the whole Steam thing: Steam is its own program, and you need to install it and have your own account on it (as you have worked out!). Through Steam, you can purchase games, then launch them to play directly from your Steam program while you are logged into it. You'll have your own Steam library of games with a list of all games you buy through the program, along with a Steam friends-list and so on. Basically, it's just a program that manages games & the social aspect. It will automatically update games for you, and allow you to look at information & user reviews on games you might be considering buying, etc.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I'm so HAPPY this morning!!! My son Travis came over to our house after work last night and installed everything needed (in about an Hour) and now I have TheHunter Classic (FTP) set-up on my computer so I can PLAY my Game!!! Travis said he used Steam on games all the time was very familiar with this stuff.

I want to THANK everyone (L3M182, VonStratos, TheSheWolf, DHRifleman and HooCairs) that helped me so that it would be possible for us to do all these things!!! I organized all the comments and websites you gave me the best I could before Travis came and he did it all so FAST I couldn't believe it!

HooCairs Wiki Page was the most helpful I believe and don't think we could ever have accomplished all this without having and seeing that. The toughest part for me was trying to Create a New Steam Account, but we finally got it done!

Can't wait to PLAY the Game now and try to complete the 10-Year Anniversary MISSIONS!!! he he

Wetland :D :D :D
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

nice one mate, glad youre back online. and FYI the game will update automaticaly for you so other than just launching the game its pretty much the same as the web launcer. even easier is you or travis created a desktop short cut.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”