Refresh rate

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Hunts81

Refresh rate

Post by Hunts81 »

Hi guys,

I have a 144hz monitor with G-sync enabled. For some reason when I start thehunter in fullscreen it reverts it back to 60hz even though I have resoltuion set to 1920x1080(144Hz)

It does stay at 144Hz if I launch game in windowed mode. I have thought about installing a borderless window program as a work around but am wondering if anyone has idea how to actually solve this? am I missing something?

Thanks
Hunts81

Re: Refresh rate

Post by Hunts81 »

I should add that i have Vsync disabled and also preferred refresh rate set to: Highest available
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Did you check your graphic card options? sometimes they have options to create profiles where you choose the refresh rate/v-sync,etc independent of what the application say, in this case The Hunter, so there you could find an option to make the game run at 144Hz in full-screen, if the game is compatible, which i dont know.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Hunts81

Post by Hunts81 »

VonStratos wrote:Did you check your graphic card options? sometimes they have options to create profiles where you choose the refresh rate/v-sync,etc independent of what the application say, in this case The Hunter, so there you could find an option to make the game run at 144Hz in full-screen, if the game is compatible, which i dont know.
I have tired everything I can think of including refresh rate settings in the Nvidia control panel on global settings and program settings.

The game has a 1920x1080(144Hz) setting so Im not sure why its not working or what Im missing.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Hunts81 wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Did you check your graphic card options? sometimes they have options to create profiles where you choose the refresh rate/v-sync,etc independent of what the application say, in this case The Hunter, so there you could find an option to make the game run at 144Hz in full-screen, if the game is compatible, which i dont know.
I have tired everything I can think of including refresh rate settings in the Nvidia control panel on global settings and program settings.

The game has a 1920x1080(144Hz) setting so Im not sure why its not working or what Im missing.
FYI, it's been fine working for me for 3-4 years now. Below are 5 images of how my game, drivers, and windows settings are set.

Here is an image of my game settings:

Here are 3 images of my NVidia 3D profile settings for theHunter.exe

And finally, here is an image of my Windows 10 Display Settings.

Personal Bests...
Hunts81

Post by Hunts81 »

Hi Fletchette, I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I have virtually all my settings set the same as you and still not working. Are you postive your g-sync is working? I did find another thread that has a work around that works for me! Thanks to Pretty_boy! Its not perfect but at least I can play with gsync enabled and get the proper refresh rate.

I copied and pasted what worked:

ronMctube wrote:
ive noticed yesterday that even though 144hz is selected ingame when i check my monitor its only 60hz in fullscreen mode. all other ways work with 144hz. not full screen without v sync. only stays at 60 regardless of selecting 144hz. none of my other games do this only theHunter Classic.

Hey Ron,

Every time I start a hunt (3440x1440 @ 100Hz) I need to:

1. This is a must: Push (ALT + Enter) - The image is wrong and can clearly be seen on the huntermate, it's way too big. After pushing ALT + Enter this gets fixed and looks good and I have up to 100Hz.
2. This is optional: I can not (ALT + TAB) out to windows, I first need to push (ALT + Enter) then (ALT + TAB) to go out in windows.
3. This is optional: After doing step 2. above, and go back to theHunter (ALT + TAB) I never get 100Hz again, the game is locked at max 60 FPS, and I see tearing very often.

So this is why I can not go out in windows while playing this game, and I can not (optional of course) stream on Twitch either due to this.
I think it has something to do with my 21:9 resolution. With my previous monitor 2560x1440 I had no problems with this. I think 2560x1440 is max for this game (and some other games), and runing in a 16:9 scale is more gamevise ;)
I guess you are having a 4k monitor, just throw it out your window and this problem is maybe gone for sure ;)

Good Luck, have a Happy Hunt :D
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Hunts81 wrote:Hi Fletchette, I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I have virtually all my settings set the same as you and still not working. Are you postive your g-sync is working?
Hey, you're right it's broken. It worked for me for years with this exact setup, but now it locks at 60 FPS. NVidia does show G-sync is on, but no matter the settings, it locks at 60 FPS in full-screen. If I switch to full-screen windowed mode, the FPS ramps up to over 200, but G-sync turns off. Switch back to full-screen, and G-sync turns back on, but locks at 60 FPS.

Admittedly I haven't played this game is several months, so I don't know when it broke. I guess the question is, who broke it? EW, NVidia with a driver update, NVidia with GeForce Experience, or MicroSoft with a Windows update.
Personal Bests...
Hunts81

Post by Hunts81 »

Fletchette wrote:
Hunts81 wrote:Hi Fletchette, I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I have virtually all my settings set the same as you and still not working. Are you postive your g-sync is working?
Hey, you're right it's broken. It worked for me for years with this exact setup, but now it locks at 60 FPS. NVidia does show G-sync is on, but no matter the settings, it locks at 60 FPS in full-screen. If I switch to full-screen windowed mode, the FPS ramps up to over 200, but G-sync turns off. Switch back to full-screen, and G-sync turns back on, but locks at 60 FPS.

Admittedly I haven't played this game is several months, so I don't know when it broke. I guess the question is, who broke it? EW, NVidia with a driver update, NVidia with GeForce Experience, or MicroSoft with a Windows update.

Very very interesting. The alt-enter works but cant alt tab out of game...would nice to solve this. Cheers
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Maybe the day has come where AMD has better drivers than nVidia (or maybe we're just acknowledging it...).
But seriously, AMD had a terrible hang on alt+tab for years, but now that it's finally fixed, you green team guys have it?
Let the conspiracy theories begin! :lol:
Spoiler:
Hunts81

Post by Hunts81 »

Im not really sure how the ALt+Enter feature works but im leaning towards the problem being a windows setting I cant figure out.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”