Walking on air

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Radamus
Master Hunter

Walking on air

Post by Radamus »

I had a crazy experience last night setting up a tent/TS that may be related to the Jeep possibly as it's never happened to me before. I carried a bunch of equipment in the Jeep to a location, also set up a feeder - I took a tent/TS from it went on a hike and found the tree I wanted. I set the TS first then the tent. The first issue I noticed, I could place the tent right next to the tree- not the 10m usual boundary - So, I thought I'll stick it there. I started a hike back to the Jeep and when I hit the 220m distance I got a message the beaver cut my tree down :shock: ~ So I hiked back, TS still there, went up in the tree no problem - but now, couldn't get down :?: but found I could start walking :o So I walked around in the air which was kind of fun. I got over the tent, went to Inv, came out and I was on the ground again - tried to go back up in the tree but got a msg "player limit was reached" meaning it thought I was still in the tree. I moved the tent back away from the tree and ended the hunt. I made some cool video I'll post up tonight.
The only thing I did different in this whole deal was using the Jeep to transport gear and wonder if that is what caused all this craziness?
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Walking on air

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I've been getting the "player limit was reached" a lot lately. Seems to have started about the time the jeep came out or maybe around the Christmas event. As for the walking in air, I usually see that in MP games when one player loses connection or is really lagging bad. But the past week or so I have been seeing a lot of "lost connection to server" both in SP and MP games. Maybe EW needs to reboot their servers again.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The same thing happened to me a few months ago, the jeep still did not exist, so I would exclude the jeep.
I had no tent nearby, I climbed the tree stand and started walking in the air above the trees.
This occurred at Whitehart Island near the 18th tower
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

XxStrong1xX wrote:I've been getting the "player limit was reached" a lot lately. Seems to have started about the time the jeep came out or maybe around the Christmas event. As for the walking in air, I usually see that in MP games when one player loses connection or is really lagging bad. But the past week or so I have been seeing a lot of "lost connection to server" both in SP and MP games. Maybe EW needs to reboot their servers again.
I was in SP on loggers - and I did lose connection but until much later after all this occurred.

I've never been able to do the "air walk" as many have experienced so it was fun- I wasn't hunting anyway just setting stuff up and cruising around in the jeep so it didn't bother me this time. The only thing out of the ordinary of what I've done 100's oof times was use the jeep, maybe the 4th-5th time I've even taken it out.
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

You should try to reproduce it on RFF somewhere near the swamp. That can be loads of fun walking around over the water and the islands. ;) :o :shock:
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Radamus wrote:I had a crazy experience last night ...
Check this out Lenny .

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ir#p960626

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DYEUZ wrote:
Radamus wrote:I had a crazy experience last night ...
Check this out Lenny .

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ir#p960626
OK, so the way to make it happen is the distance from the tree of the tent! So that's what is going on- but how I was able to put it so close to begin with is the mystery.
Spoiler:
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Had a crash last night aswell, altough it does not happen often for me.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”