Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

for some odd reason i cannot log in when using Firefox. i cleared the history and it cleared all my passwords. i know it would do that, i have cleared it before and theHunter forum has always given me some problems logging in. i would have to do the "forgot password" thingy to get back in and reset the password to what it was to start with..now, today theHunter forum will not even send me a new password. so basically Firefox and theHunter forum are not communicating :roll:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: log in troubles

Post by VonStratos »

Sometimes when you try log-in the forum ask a confirmation, you need write user and password again plus a confirmation capthca that is the word "orange", but besides that it always has let me login with Firefox, i am using it now. If you can log using Chrome or other web browser then the issue may be in the Firefox and not your passwords.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

VonStratos wrote:Sometimes when you try log-in the forum ask a confirmation, you need write user and password again plus a confirmation capthca that is the word "orange", but besides that it always has let me login with Firefox, i am using it now. If you can log using Chrome or other web browser then the issue may be in the Firefox and not your passwords.

yep,..been there , done that, they were out of the T-shirts... :lol:

yes, that 'capthca' pops up after the first try fells....you know, i don't remember having this problem before they had capthca....kind of makes me wonder..... :?

thanks for the reply.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Is it possible you have somethin' shut off in FF Browser? Or maybe it needs to be updated. It is weird how it isn't allowing you to login. Switch to Google... :P ;) I hope you find the cause and get it fixed up. Good luck. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Also don't forget to check the retrieval password mail in the spam folder, sometimes it can end there, now this may sound stupid, but weren't you accidentally writing your password with CAPS on? sometimes happens, but is really strange that with the same password it can login you in one browser but not in other.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Ceres

Post by Ceres »

outrider wrote:so basically Firefox and theHunter forum are not communicating
I use Firefox for the forum and the game and never have any problems logging in. In Firefox select tools/add-ons and disable all extension (just to test), restart Firefox and try again.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

You can try downloading it from Steam and logging on onto your account, if that also does not work then I don't know what to do then. It could be you having a not fully updated Firefox.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

VonStratos wrote:Also don't forget to check the retrieval password mail in the spam folder, sometimes it can end there, now this may sound stupid, but weren't you accidentally writing your password with CAPS on? sometimes happens, but is really strange that with the same password it can login you in one browser but not in other.
my password has some upper case letters in it. i'v tried the way it is suppose to be and tried it without caps, nothing worked. the only thing i can think it might be is, the last time i was sent a new password to log in, i forgot to change it to my old password and i have long since thrown that piece of paper away... :cry:

now when i try, i get "e-mail/username could not be found"..........hummm, modern technology don't like me... :lol:

thanks for all the advice. since i launch the game from my desktop, it hasn't effected the game.. ;)

Ceres

Post by Ceres »

I can login just fine with Firefox, never have any issues, so if you do have issues, then there must be something different with your Firefox, that's why I suggested to test with all extensions disabled (and restart).
Sure, you could use the launcher instead, but it doesn't solve your issue and it's possible that you continue to have the same issue with other web sites.

To start Firefox in safe mode, select "help / restart with all Add-ons disabled".

One other thing I would like to suggest is that you clear your browser cache by selecting "History/Clear all history" and check the "cache" box:

Restart after you've done this. You might also consider to temporarily disable your virusscanner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If none of this works, then my suggestion would be to uninstall Firefox:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/un ... r-computer

Make sure you don't skip the part called "Remove user data and settings".

It's advised to backup your favorites first, for that you need to click this icon in the top right corner of your browser: Image

After that, select "library / bookmarks / show all bookmarks (at the bottom)"
In the window that opens you need to export your bookmarks:

....and import them once you've reinstalled Firefox.

Anyway, if you think it's too much work, that's fine with me, in that case I hope that the information provided can help others.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”