Need help!

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Need help!

Post by VonStratos »

The "unable to harvest animal" bug has been around for a log time, so i doubt is related to a weapon, i think that is how BCKidd said, something related to terrain or it can be related to some bug in the code not changing the "status" from the animal from alive to dead, maybe the animal is visually dead, but the game still think is alive and wounded, and so it cant be harvested, but whatever the case must be a very complex bug, because has been reported for a long time, and yet it hasn't been fixed where others bugs have been.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I can't buy in to the location thing BC- Only reason I say that, I've shot dozens upon dozens of wolf from this TS in the same place- on flat ground 5m from the TS- in my case, location is obviously not repeatable. I also don't see MP/SP means anything- I was in SP game and Jhon was in MP. I even shot a sheep on my way to try and claim his just to make sure I could claim an animal and had no issue. Yes, his sheep was in a snowbank but a walk/crawl through kind, not solid very much like a rabbit burrow.

I believe it's all about the location data of WHERE exactly the animal is since it's not in front of us where the animal is rendered. Whether it fell through the earth or teleported to some unknown spot who knows- I tend to think it's somewhere in the reserve - just not where it's rendered. Why couldn't my bloodhound find it? or did it think it already had? no idea- but Doc knows I lost it, sent me a letter.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Jhon wrote:I knew about this bug that it happened only when you extend the session to day 2 in the same hunt, never happened to me during the 'day 1' of the session, but well here we are, now this bug seems to be mutated :lol:
I don't think so. The next day extension inability to harvest is explainable. Not sure its even a bug. If it isn't, EW should simply end hunts at a given time, and the day is over. No option to go to next day. If it is, just another one that's been around for years, and no attention paid to it by EW. It's an old engine, blah blah blah..

The one you ran in to seems to only occur with Dall Sheep.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

just as I was finishing the hunt on a day 2 I also couldn't harvest a snowshoe I noticed this that both animal were shot two times before they could even flee (the Dall with 223 semi auto and snowshoe with .22 pistol) maybe the 2 instant hits on them made them glitch out? who knows, but thats one of the possibilities I see. Would may also explain the ducks and geese staying stuck in the air.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”