4095mb of video memory

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
landser
Tracker

4095mb of video memory

Post by landser »

why does this patato game keep telling me i have 4095mb of video memory when i have a nvidea 1070 8 gb

i7 8700
16gb ram ddr4
nvidea 1070 8 gb

why does the game run on about 100 fps when i max everything its i dont see any setting in the hunter that could overload my system... or do i need a triple 2080 ti setup to run this game at higher framerates
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: 4095mb of video memory

Post by Schlachtwolf »

What screen do you have ? I have a Nvidia 1060 6GB but only a 60HZ screen so 60 fps is what I get without ripping...
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

it says the same for me I also have a 1070, dont even bother about it, game runs smooth with no problems
landser
Tracker

Post by landser »

i got a old monitor 60hz i get like 150 on some islands and 100 on others but i feel under 100 fps the mouse movement get swampy i gonna try something now to see if that makes difference all low settings and all high and see what kind of fps difference you get

i dont know why you guys dont feel that swampy movement to your aim at lower fps.... am i hyper sensitive or what lol
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

You do realize that when the GPU is rending frames (FPS), higher than the refresh rate of your monitor (you said 60hz), those frames are wasted because you're monitor isn't fast enough to display them. Meaning, you are never actually seeing anything over 60 FPS. This can actually cause a problem caused screen tearing, and I'm a bit surprised you're not seeing tearing if your GPU is outputting 100 FPS to a 60hz monitor. The old solution for this was to enable V-sync either in the game settings or the Nvidia Control panel, although this can cause mouse lag. A newer solution is to enable Adaptive Sync in the Nvidia Control Panel. Of course the best solution is to have a G-sync monitor and enable G-sync in the Nvidia Control panel.

Of course getting a faster monitor is the best solution (120hz-144 hz).

Another solution is to enable a Frame Limiter set to 59 or 60 FPS, using something like MSI Afterburner.

Worrying about FPS above your monitor refresh rate is a waste of time.

Most likely the under reported VRAM is because the game engine is 10 years old and simply doesn't understand VRAM over 4gb since that was unheard of in 2008. It's also possible that the number is being stored in a 32 bit unsigned integer, so 4 GB (4096) is that maximum that can be displayed. In the end it doesn't matter, because the game doesn't use anything even close the 4GB of VRAM. This is a DirectX 9 game, and I'm not even sure if DirectX 9 can address more than 4GB of VRAM.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”