Can't play Thehunter in 4k resolution

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Lucius84

Can't play Thehunter in 4k resolution

Post by Lucius84 »

Hey Guys,

i'll describe the following Problem. I Play thehunter for a Long time now and all went fine til now. old Resolution was 1920x1080. Last week i got myself a new Computer and screen. so i tried to Play thehunter on 4k Resolution 3840x2160 on 60 hz max Details and it all went wrong. the game doesn't even start. the .exe on taskmanager is set to inaktiv and the game doesnt start. i tried all other Resolution including widescreen it all went fine just 4k doesn't work. the weird Thing is, if i uncheck Fullscreen it works but just in an odly small window half as big as my screen Resolution.

here some Details: amd ryzen 2700x, 32gb ram 3200mhz, Geforce rtx 2080 ti 11gb ram, asrock x470 taichi Mainboard, Corsair hx850watt power supply, win 10 pro 64 bit
Graphic Driver is up to date, all DirectX Driver installed and also visual c uptodate and all other games work just fine like wow, bf1, warhammer total war 2 etc...

hope for some help

Kind regards lucius
AhunterfromMaryland
Spotter

Re: Can't play Thehunter in 4k resolution

Post by AhunterfromMaryland »

I got it to run just fine with a VGA port though do to interface UI not scaling I cut it back to 2560x1440.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Can't play Thehunter in 4k resolution

Post by caledonianblues »

If you're able to get into the game in windowed mode, try pressing Alt-Enter to change to fullscreen mode. There shouldn't be any issues playing the game at that resolution. I do and it works fine. The only problem, as AhunterfromMaryland mentioned above, is that the UI (user interface) doesn't scale properly. Also, if you try to play at 21:9 you will notice that the scope overlays stretch disproportionately. It looks very bad, which is a shame as it's a perfect aspect ratio for a hunting game, and otherwise it looks beautiful.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”