Can't start any type of hunt SP or MP

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
cosmoe

Can't start any type of hunt SP or MP

Post by cosmoe »

I just renewed, and launched the game. My very first hunt, I had zero issues. Everything launched as it should have. After that, I tried to make a new hunt. The map screen where you select what map you want to hunt and where to spawn is blank. There is no start hunt button or anything. When I go to the "find multiplayer game" it loads with all the servers. I click on one and the tab to the right where it should say "start hunt" Is non existant. All is blank. I am getting no errors to report. I have run the hunter for almost 1300 hours on this pc in the past. So it shouldn't be an issue. Will link a screen shot of what I see. I already contacted support btw, but they're closed on the weekends so I thought I'd try here. Thank you for any input/advice.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Can't start any type of hunt SP or MP

Post by HooCairs »

Go to Settings in the upper right, then click "Clear launcher cache". Maybe this resolves it.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
cosmoe

Post by cosmoe »

Thanks for the reply, I clicked clear cache. It didn't appear to do anything at all, not sure if it's supposed to give me a confirmation of sorts. Anyways I clicked it, and rebooted. No change.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Are you starting the launcher in Steam or on the game's website? Steam is more reliable and worth a try if you haven't done so already.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
cosmoe

Post by cosmoe »

I run it on steam, tried running as admin. No change, I even downloaded the version from their website. No change. It's almost like it's just not completely loading. I left it up after I clicked single player, but stays the same.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

You are using steam client, but when you try to launch the game you do it from the website? if so that's why you get that error, you need launch from the "The Hunter" icon that steam create in your desktop or from the steam program, but not from the website, that only work with the "classic" launcher. Also, in the steam version check the option "verify files integrity", something my be corrupted and that should fix it.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
cosmoe

Post by cosmoe »

No haha I usually use the steam version. I downloaded the browser version just to test it, to make sure it wasn't steam related. It was not they both did the same thing..So I verified the files, it said 980 files failed to validate and will be repaired. Never seen such a high number from a validate. Anyways after validating. Still having the same problem.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”