Competition attempt recorded for failed game launch

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Sal_Monella

Competition attempt recorded for failed game launch

Post by Sal_Monella »

I experience the game failing to launch relatively frequently (15% failure rate based on my hunt history log). The game hangs at the reserve splash screen before the introductory audio track (the silent lack of progress is how I know to check Task Manager for the unresponsive application and terminate it). The game has always launched properly immediately afterwards with no changes to the launcher (which remains open) or the computer system whatsoever, so I do not consider it a very serious issue. However, despite the game failing to launch, a competition attempt is recorded for any competitions that the reserve is valid for. This is sometimes a mild annoyance but for those competitions that only allow one attempt, it is extremely frustrating because I am immediately excluded without even having set virtual foot in the reserve. These launch failures are easily recognizable from the hunt history log, as they are very short - only a matter of seconds. From my last forty hunts, I have five that only lasted 1 second and one that lasted 5 seconds. Some of the older failures took me longer to recognize but they are still clearly identifiable from the log.

It seems that a competition attempt is recorded as soon as the launcher attempts to start a hunt. Is it possible to change the mechanism for recording competition attempts to await network confirmation that the player has been rendered in the reserve? Otherwise, is it possible to set the competition register to exclude extremely short hunts, such as those under 2 minutes in length?
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Competition attempt recorded for failed game launch

Post by DYEUZ »

Sal_Monella wrote: Is it possible to change the mechanism for recording competition attempts to await network confirmation that the player has been rendered in the reserve? Otherwise, is it possible to set the competition register to exclude extremely short hunts, such as those under 2 minutes in length?
Deal with it i say . Nothing will be done about that issue .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah sadly this is an issue that have a long history, i even had 3 launched hunts failing to start in a row and the competitions attempts were used, once you click launch button the attempt is done, doesn't matter if you manage to load the map, hopefully some day it may be fixed, but at least the community competitions usually give a margin of 1 or 2 mins because many players are aware of this issue.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...Also, sometimes , you have comps that are bugged and don't use any attempts at all. So that is equalizing everything !! :lol:
You win some and then you lose some .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”