Mouse problem , unresponsive on slow movement

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
gogos14

Mouse problem , unresponsive on slow movement

Post by gogos14 »

Hello,
as stated, when i am moving the mouse slowly, its totally unresponsive in the game. While general movement is ok, it makes it impossible to play as I cannot do the micro-corrections while aiming.
If i move the mouse slowly enough i can cross the whole mousepad without any in game movement!
I tried changing all graphics settings (vsync and all the rest), tried changing mouse settings (dpi, polling speed, recalibrate etc) but nothing fixes it.
I do not have this problem on any other game or on the desktop - it happens only on thehunter classic and its the first time i get it.
A few months ago, i was playing it without any problems on the exact same computer, the only factors that changed in the time between are the possible buggy latest game updates and the fact that i formatted my pc a while ago.
I will try reinstalling but i dont feel it will help.

Anyone had similar problem or a solution???

I just renewed my sub and im desperate cos its unplayable - wasted money?

i7 7700k
gtx1080
16g ram
razor deathadder mouse /razer goliathus speed mousepad
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Mouse problem , unresponsive on slow movement

Post by HooCairs »

This is not a game issue but most likely one of your computer or your settings.

Do you have another mouse so that you can check whether it is the game vs. your mouse?

I was going to say turn off Virtual Sync as this can cause weird mouse movements. If you tried this already, try changing the sensitivity settings. In the game under Options - Controls - increase the Look sensitivity and save, then check if that made a difference.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
gogos14

Post by gogos14 »

thank you for replying,
i tried everything appart from a different mouse, which i will try when i reinstall.
(By googling i could only find people getting same problem on other games where the solution was to enable/disable raw input on mouse settings but theres no such setting on thehunter.)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I had an issue with my mouse too, not long ago. It would appear in game as the white pointer- and usually before that happened, I would get the "sound" of "Notifications", yet there were none. The only way I could make the mouse cursor disappear, was shut off the game, and restart. You issue tho' doesn't sound quite like what was goin' on with mine. I would unplug the mouse from the USB port and plug it back in. Next "roll back" the mouse driver from "device manager" in widows and reboot PC- so windows find the newest driver. Hope that helps. Windows 10-if that is what your OS is does some weird things to drivers. Good luck. Let us know how you solved the issue. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
gogos14

Post by gogos14 »

thank you for the replies guys, i tried a few things that u suggested but nothing worked. I am pretty sure the fault is on the games side since my rig and drivers are all decent and updated, and i play a bunch other pretty demanding FPS games with no problem at all. Its only on thehunter classic that i get this issue.
I contacted support and they told me that they are aware of some game pointer freezing issues and be patient cos they are working on a fix - not sure if I would describe my issue like they did, but i really hope the fix will work for me.
And i also hope they will fix it fast, paying so much money for this game and not being able to enjoy while sub time is counting down is not cool.
Lets see...
gogos14

Post by gogos14 »

Update*
After the latest patch the issue I had with my mouse is almost fixed.
Meaning, while stationery, I can now aim with precision, as normal.
While moving and aiming on the same time though, it seems the problem is partly still there: vertical movement is precise and normal, but I still get the problem on the horizontal movement.

With that said, Its more or less ok for me since I can once again enjoy this game.
Well done devs
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

HooCairs wrote:This is not a game issue but most likely one of your computer or your settings.
How ? if even you, back in September 13th, 2018, 8:53 pm posted on Re: Zoom lag in VdB that you could reproduce the same problem?
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

OrLoko wrote: How ? if even you, back in September 13th, 2018, 8:53 pm posted on Re: Zoom lag in VdB that you could reproduce the same problem?
Having this same problem since I started playing the game.
Had it on at least 3 completely independent systems, different OS and different peripherals, so I am quite positive that it is not hardware related.

Symptoms are exactly as described by OrLoko in the above linked thread.

Is there any update on this?
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

Ringolf wrote: Is there any update on this?
Unfortunately no.

I was able to reproduce it also on a Tree Stand (without moving the mouse), the natural wobble of a Low Level weapon(with scope in) and then you press and hold any movement key, the aim get locked

Going to update that on the other topic, I don't have the clip right know, but I'll record it.

here's the video
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”