Tripod Rest problem

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Tenbulls
Hunter

Tripod Rest problem

Post by Tenbulls »

Any reason whatsoever that I cannot use the shooting tripod rest with the drilling? It just keeps telling me I must have a rifle or shotgun equipped.... ***? Not going to make a bug report, because I might be doing something wrong.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Tripod Rest problem

Post by Tanngnjostr »

The Drilling belongs to the (rather new) weapon class "Advanced Firearms" in the store, actually it's the only weapon that belongs to that class. Maybe because of that and because the tripod rest requires a rifle or shotgun, it doesn't work. If it's intentional I don't know, only the devs can answer that. Although to me it makes no sense to exclude using it on a shooting rest.

Do muzzleloaders work with the shooting rest? Following my logic above, they shouldn't work either if the store category determines it.
Image Image Image
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Because the weapon isn't classed as a "Rifle" "Shotgun" or "Muzzleloader" and instead listed as "Advanced Firearm" so you can't exceed the shooting skill past level 20 unlike other weapons with a tripod rest can max out to level 27.
This is why the Drilling Gun is only good to take on hunts where you may need a Rifle & Shotgun in the same hunt thus saving inventory space and serves as a convenience.
Most any other Rifle/Shotgun does the job way more effectively than the Drilling Gun.
Not to mention the 5kg weight which makes the Drilling Gun the worst weapon in the game for gun wobble.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tenbulls
Hunter

Post by Tenbulls »

Thanks for the replies. : )

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”