Predator jackrabbit caller

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
steveharris
Outfitter

Predator jackrabbit caller

Post by steveharris »

Hey, anyone else having problem with the predator jackrabbit caller for calling artic fox?

Went for a hunt this morning, got an artic fox on gps, called it with my caller and it never come to me as usual . Called a few times and it kept going away instead of going to me.

I tried again later and same thing happened.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Predator jackrabbit caller

Post by HooCairs »

Just did a test. Had calls from two small females. Laid flat and called them. The first one didn't come but the second did. When I think about it, the first was more than 100m away, the second might have been around 100m out.

Maybe the addition of lynx broke the effect for arctic fox beyond 100m.

Can you see if you can lure them if they are closer than 100m?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HooCairs wrote:Maybe the addition of lynx broke the effect for arctic fox beyond 100m.
That's what I thought too, but right now I don't have the time to test it.

Of course the fox might've been in nervous state without you knowing it. That sometimes happens to me - I don't realize I spooked the animal a few minutes ago. EDIT: Of course that can't be the reason if the animal just called, like in Hoo's case.
Image Image Image
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

I'm finding that arctic foxes only seem to respond half the time. Really f****** annoying. Is that how it's meant to be? I swear it was fine a few weeks ago.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Brutus969 wrote:I'm finding that arctic foxes only seem to respond half the time. Really f****** annoying. Is that how it's meant to be? I swear it was fine a few weeks ago.
I am actually seeing this with red fox. Had a number of foxes now not coming to the call, mainly males. I wonder if the feline mechanic (only come sometimes; limited caller reach) has somehow infested the canine behavior.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Interesting. It might just be luck, but the last few times I used it for arctic fox, I tried blowing the whole caller, so that the sound from beginning to end is uninterrupted, and that's been fine - the foxes have come in each time. Before I just used the caller briefly such that it only let out a short squeak.

I've never seen it not work for red foxes though, regardless of call duration.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”