TheHunter - Not Responding

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: TheHunter - Not Responding

Post by caledonianblues »

I had a couple of short hunts last night, helping someone with a mission. We were hunting Canada geese. I didn't experience any freezing per se, but my frame rates were absolutely dreadful whenever birds broke. At first it looked like network lag or latency of some sort, but it was worse than anything I had ever experienced in the past on multiplayer hunts where I wasn't the host. Once the geese flew out of render range everything went back to normal. I had SLI disabled and was running on a single 1080 Ti on driver version 411.63. So, not the same issue, but definitely a performance issue. I will try reproducing it and if I'm able to, I will roll back to a later driver version to see if it goes away.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

caledonianblues wrote:I had a couple of short hunts last night, helping someone with a mission. We were hunting Canada geese. I didn't experience any freezing per se, but my frame rates were absolutely dreadful whenever birds broke. At first it looked like network lag or latency of some sort, but it was worse than anything I had ever experienced in the past on multiplayer hunts where I wasn't the host. Once the geese flew out of render range everything went back to normal. I had SLI disabled and was running on a single 1080 Ti on driver version 411.63. So, not the same issue, but definitely a performance issue. I will try reproducing it and if I'm able to, I will roll back to a later driver version to see if it goes away.

I had a similar experience yesterday at Bushrangers, i was surprised, all was lagged and with constant freezes, but my connection was good i could navigate in the web fine, other games work fine, it was The Hunter, and i never had issues like that with the game before, the irony was that looking trough binoculars or scope was more fluid than looking around normally, when usually is the other way around that we get fps drops, but today all was normal,

Edit: after exit the hunt i cleared the game cache, and today it was normal, don't know if that helped or not or was just a temporary thing. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

caledonianblues wrote:I had a couple of short hunts last night, helping someone with a mission. We were hunting Canada geese. I didn't experience any freezing per se, but my frame rates were absolutely dreadful whenever birds broke. At first it looked like network lag or latency of some sort, but it was worse than anything I had ever experienced in the past on multiplayer hunts where I wasn't the host. Once the geese flew out of render range everything went back to normal. I had SLI disabled and was running on a single 1080 Ti on driver version 411.63. So, not the same issue, but definitely a performance issue. I will try reproducing it and if I'm able to, I will roll back to a later driver version to see if it goes away.
Not a driver thing, I have been reporting it ever since they came out with Ducks. Its ducks, geese (except magpie), reindeer, Sambar deer and ptarmigan for me. I can look at the ground laying down in a blind and tell you when ducks and geese break from a flock, or reindeer and sambar come into render, or when ptarmigan are around.
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

INTIMID883R wrote:Not a driver thing, I have been reporting it ever since they came out with Ducks. Its ducks, geese (except magpie), reindeer, Sambar deer and ptarmigan for me. I can look at the ground laying down in a blind and tell you when ducks and geese break from a flock, or reindeer and sambar come into render, or when ptarmigan are around.
I know that many players have suffered performance issues for a long time, specifically with certain animals and reserves, but for me this was a first. I haven't yet had a chance to see if I can reproduce the problem but if I can and I'm able to eliminate it, I will document the steps.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

caledonianblues wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:Not a driver thing, I have been reporting it ever since they came out with Ducks. Its ducks, geese (except magpie), reindeer, Sambar deer and ptarmigan for me. I can look at the ground laying down in a blind and tell you when ducks and geese break from a flock, or reindeer and sambar come into render, or when ptarmigan are around.
I know that many players have suffered performance issues for a long time, specifically with certain animals and reserves, but for me this was a first. I haven't yet had a chance to see if I can reproduce the problem but if I can and I'm able to eliminate it, I will document the steps.
Thanks David, if it can be fixed on my end I surely would like to.The animals I listed does it to me every time, and I have built a new computer, so it has been on 2 different ones since it started with Ducks.

Didn't mean to high jack your thread RF. I have had the not responding problem a few times, but it always seems to correct itself in short order so I really don't know what causes it.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i can tell you often on a fresh install and first launch to steam the launcher stops responding. you will get a white screen.checked this on a few pcs recently. after the first launch though it is okay. some gremlin maybe.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Still no fix.
Can I at least get a Dev response on this matter.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

UPDATE:
I just had two crashes in a row in VDB map very quickly from each other about 5 mins apart, I'll link this clip showing you the crashes.
Note both times I loaded in the game I had Ptarmigans flocks around the tent it could be possible they're causing the game crashes.
Settler Creeks I can run very smoothly haven't had a crash on that map yet.
Game Crashes video Link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/323749697
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”