Ultra Wide support

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Mjay

Ultra Wide support

Post by Mjay »

How hard would it be for the Devs to include ultra wide 16:10 support in game?
I understand there is an option for my screen size (2560x1080) but it just stretches the game image, not extends it.
~ Matt
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Ultra Wide support

Post by Fletchette »

I think if you start a game, <Alt><Tab> out to desktop, then tab back into the game, the aspect ratio will straighten itself out.
Personal Bests...
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Moved to <Support & Technical Issues>

I recently bought the Asus PG348Q monitor, which is 21:9, and like Fletchette said, alt-tab will fix the aspect ratio. However, the scopes are still elliptic since they're essential static image overlays. Looks quite ugly and immersion-breaking. The game however, in ultra-wide, looks sweet.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

caledonianblues wrote: I recently bought the Asus PG348Q monitor
Not to hijack this thread but how do you like that monitor? Ive been looking at curved monitors & this one is on my short list.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

SoftShoe wrote:Not to hijack this thread but how do you like that monitor? Ive been looking at curved monitors & this one is on my short list.
I love it. I did a bit of reading and asked around before I decided to move to 21:9; my reservations mostly surrounding gaming. Not all games support that aspect ratio, and in many that do, the interface remains stuck at 16:9. Not a big deal, but certainly something to bear in mind. For development, artwork, and other activities such as watching Netflix or movies, it's fantastic. The display is incredible and the build quality is extremely high. It's very sturdy and as soon as you unpack it you can see and feel the quality. I would recommend it, without question. Another thing to consider is whether your GPU can drive games at 3440 x 1440. If you're used to 4K gaming then you won't have any issues, but if you're jumping up from 1920 x 1080 or even 2560 x 1440, there's a bit more real estate so a bit more demand on your graphics card.

Here are some photos so you can see just how it looks on an average-sized desk, and the extent of the curve.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

caledonianblues wrote:Another thing to consider is whether your GPU can drive games at 3440 x 1440. If you're used to 4K gaming then you won't have any issues, but if you're jumping up from 1920 x 1080 or even 2560 x 1440, there's a bit more real estate so a bit more demand on your graphics card.
Thanks! It does look quite nice. I am currently running at 2560x1440 but I think my system can handle the leap, i7 4.4ghz, GTX 1080ti & 32gb ram. I am hopeful it will not impact my system to much.

I will go ahead & pull the trigger on it. Hopefully Amazon can have it to me by Monday.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

SoftShoe wrote:Thanks! It does look quite nice. I am currently running at 2560x1440 but I think my system can handle the leap, i7 4.4ghz, GTX 1080ti & 32gb ram. I am hopeful it will not impact my system to much.

I will go ahead & pull the trigger on it. Hopefully Amazon can have it to me by Monday.
You won't have any issues with a 1080 Ti. Good luck, and enjoy. I'm sure you will. It's awesome.
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

caledonianblues wrote:Moved to <Support & Technical Issues>

I recently bought the Asus PG348Q monitor, which is 21:9, and like Fletchette said, alt-tab will fix the aspect ratio. However, the scopes are still elliptic since they're essential static image overlays. Looks quite ugly and immersion-breaking. The game however, in ultra-wide, looks sweet.
I agree that it does look really nice at 2560x1080. But this looks horrendous:

Just got my new monitor today and was disappointed to find out the scopes are oval. (I was very upset about the initial stretching until I searched and found this thread with the alt/tab workaround)
If they are just static image overlays it should be easy to patch I imagine. Could we have a patch please devs? Ultra wide is becoming more popular it seems.
It's not game breaking, just really ugly like caledonianblues mentioned.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Beano8U wrote:Just got my new monitor today and was disappointed to find out the scopes are oval. (I was very upset about the initial stretching until I searched and found this thread with the alt/tab workaround)
If they are just static image overlays it should be easy to patch I imagine. Could we have a patch please devs? Ultra wide is becoming more popular it seems.
It's not game breaking, just really ugly like caledonianblues mentioned.
Yeah we just need some 21:9 images for the scope backgrounds, or some code to detect resolution and in the event of an ultra widescreen resolution, place the existing image in the centre of the screen and fill the remaining background with black.

I use scopes a lot and the stretching is pretty horrible. I guess over time as this aspect ratio is adopted, more and more people will find it and bring it up.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

An update for 21:9 would be really cool.

Using a 4K TV (16:9) for gaming and sometimes I play in a custom resolution (21:9 with black bars on top/bottom).

The extra field of view is really nice.

MfG L.E.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”