PC Shutting Down when playing the Hunter Classic

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Templar1975

PC Shutting Down when playing the Hunter Classic

Post by Templar1975 »

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue, when playing the Hunter Classic my pc will randomly just shut down. It can be anywhere from 5 minutes into the game to an hour, the PC is not rebooting, it is completely turning off without a proper shut down.

I have ran GPU Temp and CPU Temp programs on my second monitor and do not appear to have any overheating issues, I am using a 1070GPU and can play other more demanding games no problem at all which would also suggest to me that my PSU is fine.

Copy of my DXDiag can be found here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tar2_ ... sp=sharing
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: PC Shutting Down when playing the Hunter Classic

Post by Fletchette »

Well, my first guess would have been temps, but if you're convinced they are OK, then IMO the next most likely causes are a PSU problem or perhaps a memory issue. I'm not sure, but I don't think a game problem can cause the computer to just shut off. Crash yes, Blue-screen Windows, yes, but I've never heard of it just shutting the computer off.

I'd start by testing the memory (RAM) with MemTest86 or some other stress test you prefer, since that's easy to do. Although if it's not temps, I'd bet on the PSU being the problem.
Personal Bests...
Templar1975

Post by Templar1975 »

I will try and run some more tests, just seems strange to me that this is the only game causing the pc to shutdown, my PC is usually pretty stable and I can play other more demanding games for hours no problem.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Templar1975 wrote:I will try and run some more tests, just seems strange to me that this is the only game causing the pc to shutdown, my PC is usually pretty stable and I can play other more demanding games for hours no problem.
Oh, by the way, if you have anything (CPU,GPU,Memory), overclocked, try turning off the overclock.
Personal Bests...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

temps and power supply reseat anthing that can be reseated.see if any windows logs for errors just before crash.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I remember reading about a very similar problem but some years ago, it was about one particular online game(don't remember exactly which one) Mechwarrior, i think, but the thing was that the game when running, for some reason suddenly started to demand all the ram in the pc, and "ask" in lack of a better description more ram of what the pc had, and no matter how much ram you had it wanted more, so it made the pc collapse and shutdown, now im no programmer so i cant say how solve it, but if isn't heat or power supply and only happens with The Hunter it could be a similar situation, if you use steam version check the integrity files, if not, maybe worth to reinstall, and check the ram, if you have more than one try remove one, run game, see what happens, then the other, maybe that is failing... but then the problem should appear in other games too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”