Hit area, but not enough?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
OrLoko
Spotter

Hit area, but not enough?

Post by OrLoko »

Bighorn Sheep (F) 39.566 Link

On the "Confirm Kill" Window/Harvest it show "Cérebro" (Brain in Portuguese) and even so it don't counted...how that works? Is the 16GA so weak?
Last edited by OrLoko on August 30th, 2018, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Hit area, but not enough?

Post by Tod1d »

Looks like Head, Skull, Brain, Left Ear to me. (My Portuguese is a little weak ;) )

But it doesn't show the brain hit in the picture. What is your hunter name?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

The same as the forum, and I put the link below the last photo, "Bighorn Sheep (F) 39.566"

or here:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/orlo ... /616914005

This was not the first time it happen.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

When the brain is hit it will show in red same as the other organs do.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

If you shoot something with a shotgun (at least with buckshot), the red areas/organs shown on the harvest screen and those shown on the score sheet often don't correspond. If you need to hit a certain organ for a competition or mission, using buckshot is a lottery!
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Its a translation mistake i think, Brain= cerebro, and in this case is skull= crânio(with no brain hit), apparently in the Portuguese version of the game the same definition "skull" was used for both separated body parts, the skull and the brain.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:Its a translation mistake i think, Brain= cerebro, and in this case is skull= crânio(with no brain hit), apparently in the Portuguese version of the game the same definition "skull" was used for both separated body parts, the skull and the brain.
I'm almost sure it's not a translation mistake. See my post above - I've had this happen in some of my competitions when people tried to use buckshot for organ hits and I'm sure not all of them were from Portugal or Brazil! ;)
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

True, but is happening only with buckshot or slug as well? it could be the ammo, or part of the problem of the hitboxes not working well, like when you shot a Dall double lung and she keeps walking like nothing, something is wrong at the moment of registering the impact of the bullet, in this case registering a brain shot.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:True, but is happening only with buckshot or slug as well?
I never tested it properly, but you see it mostly with buckshot. Slugs are probably simulated like rifle ammo and birdshot doesn't really matter because most of the animals you shoot with birdshot don't have proper organs in the first place (turkey being one exception, you could test it on them).

My guess is that it is in connection with how the pellets of shotgun ammo are simulated, but I don't really have a clue.
Image Image Image

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”