Game Crashing More Often Lately

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Mills
Outfitter

Game Crashing More Often Lately

Post by Mills »

Getting quite a few more crashes lately in the game. A lot more than in previous years (except for the dark times after Whiterime release). This time was when I was in the midst of trying to complete the last Hemmeldal travel mission.

I had started at Drangstorp and was on my way to tower 1 when I heard a male reindeer call. Set up and started calling him in. Dropped him with the carbon recurve bow. I then lined up to take out a female behind him, took the shot, then game crashed. Thankfully I was not very far in to the mission otherwise I may or may not have a working keyboard anymore ;) Anyways, I had paused and alt-tabbed out as I needed to check on something before setting up for the reindeer herd. This might be due to the current problems of alt-tabbing or leaving the game paused and minimized for an extended period of time and then the "Game has been started by another user or something like that" error. Anyways, just wanted to make sure the devs are aware of this. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Mills.
1Al
Hunter

Re: Game Crashing More Often Lately

Post by 1Al »

I usually get alt-tabbed crash, but just when I just launched the game, when game is loading, during the game it never caused trouble. Try to lower the graphic settings. When this happens, I always have to reboot the PC, otherwise the game goes in crash loops at every relaunch.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

1Al wrote:I usually get alt-tabbed crash, but just when I just launched the game, when game is loading, during the game it never caused trouble. Try to lower the graphic settings. When this happens, I always have to reboot the PC, otherwise the game goes in crash loops at every relaunch.
Should not need to lower the graphics settings to avoid crashing. I easily attain anywhere from 75-120 FPS on ultra settings at 1080p. Never had this problem before. I have a feeling it is probably due to the alt-tab business. I know it was one of the most common problems being reported in the "What bugs you the most" thread so there's probably a high probability the devs are already looking into a fix. Just thought I'd report my specific instance if it is of any help.
Mills.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

The problem is that this game has too many updates.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”