Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game.

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
TurboKid
Tracker

Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game.

Post by TurboKid »

Hey guys this has been going on for awhile now. Most multiplayer games are unjoinable.

Been a member for 2 years. Love the game, thousands of hours spent. In the last year roughly half the server list are unjoinable. (didn't worry much, because i play SP a lot for comps, and I imagined EW would fix the issue and have it back and running like it used to quickly.)

Today I got my cousin to try the game again, I told him to come check out my lodge so I could show him some of my trophy's and rares. (Basically I baited him in with the lodge and was gonna take him for a WT deer hunt to try and get him hooked.)

Thing is this problem is not just me ive asked other members and they said they have had the same issues. Then with my cousin on discord we tried joining about 15 servers with the same "error" (Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game.)
The game was not like this before.

Basically lost the chance to convert some one to join us here at thehunter and spend some cash. And with my membership running out, I can't see myself joining until a good deal pops up, maybe blackfriday. So I can at least play single player comps and not feel like i lost the money ive invested into equipment and the like.

Really wish it was working correctly and my cousin could of had a good experience, but that was not the case as I type this he is waiting for me in another FPS game so we can play together.

Makes you feel bad when your trying to tell someone a game is great, but a big part of it isn't working.

Oh well, Ill leave this post here hopefully, someone has figured out a fix and can give me a tip.

Or if its on EW i know they work hard with constant updates and can look into the issue.

Im off to game, later and GL in your Hunts and comps. Ill be gone for awhile may jump back in on some guest hunts to test the servers.

i have an screen shot of the error but no idea how to post it, and ive already spent more time then i wanted to on the subject.
"Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game."
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game.

Post by Hawkeye »

Moved to Support & Technical Issues
TurboKid
Tracker

Re: Something went wrong when creating your game session. Please reload the server list and try joining another game.

Post by TurboKid »

Thank you hawkeye.

If anyone knows any fix, please chime in.

I may try installing THEHUNTER from the website instead of steam and see if the same issues arise.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Unfortunately this is one of those bugs that people don't complain to much in the forum even tough maybe more than 50% of the guys I asked in the game have the same problem, maybe for some it's not so important as long they can join one of 4/5 random servers, but for some can be a game changer I had a friend from my country and this was one of the main reasons he stop playing the game...
lamanorbu

Post by lamanorbu »

I have forwarded 32303 UDP port and opened my NAT, but still the game gives me this error on about 80% of the multiplayer games. One thing I noticed is that the servers I cannot join usually only have 1 active player; this probably means that the host probably has some connection issues or either he set-up the game as friends-only but the client doesn't recognize it. To add up to the mistery, sometimes the client gives me the error straight away when I click on the spawning location, some other times it brings up the loading screen and only after the map is loaded it gives me the error and forces me to quit.

Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

I have this problem with about 80% of the multies I try to join.
Spoiler:
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Thank you for the reply guys, we gotta keep at it and see if EW can figure something out. It used to work properly anyone who has been here over a year knows that. Something changed at somepoint, and I trust EW can fix it. They have been doing great lately with ERR and other things. But I feel they don't even know its a problem. The EW team should try to connect to the multiplayer games and see that most of them you can't Not all but most.

Yesterday i tried to connect to a guys server named EXTORT he had 4 gamers on his server out of 8 he was in USA. I tried for 4 hours messing with my pc, STeam, Router, Firewall, Uninstalled and re installed Firewall and a bunch of different scenarios and trouble shooting. Trying to pinpoint something. (was a reserve or a country, etc, etc. It was not. You just can't join certain people.)

Nothing worked could never connect to him.

I googled a ton yesterday and found a bunch of post in these Forums and in the Steam forums that are new talking about the same issue. And multiplayer not working correctly for them. (im starting to bookmark all these forum post and will most likely email EW about the issue with a link to all the posts.) Ive spent more time on google and troubleshooting this issue than SHOOTING animals.

This is MONEY on the TABLE for EW the cash is there. They will keep losing members over time(when memberships run out), people may not renew and new guys may not sign up over something that used to work and probably has an easy fix.

I just wish they would acknowledge the issue. So the team could look into it. Feels like running into an invisible wall no one wants to talk about but everyone face is flat :|
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Recently I can't join a friend server which I used to play in the last year and he can't join mine either no matter how many times we tried to restart, reset routers etc, don't know what's happening with this game but it's getting worst and worst every day.
"But I feel they don't even know its a problem " you are wrong here m8 because this was reported many times by a lot of players here on forum or steam with no results, the team either just don't care or have no idea how to repair it and this being an important issue for some players might lead them to quit playing.
The amount of all current bugs and important bugs like this one put the game on 'Mostly Negative' rating on steam.
Ceres

Post by Ceres »

***UPDATE ***

I was getting the same issue. After extensive testing I discovered that it in my case it was caused by the host using a friends list that I wasn't on.

I made a guest account and I was getting that message with several servers, while I didn't get the same message with my main account that was on their friends list.
There is an option called "Show only games I'm allowed to join" that I checked and refreshed while using my guest account and yet it was still showing those hosts that I wasn't allowed to join.

I did more research on the forum and discovered this comment:

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... rd#p793742
Fletchette wrote:The problem seems to be with the "Find a Multi-Player Game" screen, but if you use the "Dashboard" screen it works and you can join games correctly......Give it a try.......
Interesting. Could it be that the dashboard ignores the friends list? Sadly I can't test this, because all I get is a spinning wheel, even with my firewall disabled. Is any of you not getting that spinning wheel? I even disabled my Firewall, but that didn't make any difference:

Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

I also get the spinning wheel and I left it to sit for around 10 minutes. No change, and this is via Steam.
Still no love in getting MP player games to work with my friend.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”