Launcher not... Launching

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
vGoaTT
Tracker

Launcher not... Launching

Post by vGoaTT »

Complete restored PC, back online and hunting!

Hello everyone, I've been playing TH:C On/off for 3+ years now, and this is the first time i came across this..

Problem:
I use steam to use The Hunter, and the launcher appears at the bottom of my screen as a window but it says in the title "v0" and when i try to validate said files like i read before. It says that one file fails to validate and it will be reacquired. None of that works. I've also tried reinstalling the launcher. I even tried using the standalone launcher as a direct download. Although the jist is that it works on my laptop but not my desktop. My desktop is windows 10, my laptop is window 7. Possible firewall settings? I haven't had any changes done to the computer.

If anyone has suggestions to help me back hunting, that will be much appreciated.
Last edited by vGoaTT on July 29th, 2018, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinarr
Tracker

Re: Launcher not... Launching

Post by Kinarr »

Does Steam have a Support Team?
Have you asked the same question on the Steam theHunter Classic Forum?
Spoiler:
vGoaTT
Tracker

Post by vGoaTT »

It also affects me downloading the game directly from TheHunter. I can't start it regardless. Doing a complete restore on my desktop.
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

With the regular launcher, try right clicking it and running compatibility mode, that sometimes helps. When it comes to steam try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”