Whistling to spook turkey Question?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Radamus
Master Hunter

Whistling to spook turkey Question?

Post by Radamus »

I'm trying to get turkey to spook from a TS- Am I out of my freaking mind or didn't the turkey spook when you whistled? I know it's working for magpie for sure, did it yesterday.
I also had a short hunt and jumped up in a tower and called the turkey in - decoys are worthless obviously, I had 3 turkey come right up, walk through the tower. I was even running around - wishing I had a jump keep or some way of making noise - couldn't spook them without going down the ladder and then they all ran, none flew. One of them or more always fly, but 3 runners?- Haven't hunted turkey in a while so either I'm nutz or they are working like crap. I didn't nickname them "Spook Towers" because they worked like this, no way in hell especially for a turkey. They should never have come that close before seeing me, no way in hell.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Whistling to spook turkey Question?

Post by Fletchette »

I could be remembering wrong, but I don't think whistling has ever spooked turkey. I think I remember firing a bow or gun into the ground to get them to spook.
Personal Bests...
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fletchette wrote:I could be remembering wrong, but I don't think whistling has ever spooked turkey. I think I remember firing a bow or gun into the ground to get them to spook.
That's the way I recall it as well.
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

I also can't remember that whistling ever worked for Turkey.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

OK I trust you more than my memory. I do recall having to shoot in the ground to get them to spook now that you bring that up. There was some mission that required a spooked airborne turkey and I believe Stan put a video up of how he did it by shooting into the ground, long long ago. So that's right.

But 3 turkey walking under a spook tower? no way in hell that's right.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”