whats wrong with the FREE singleshot shotgun

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
zyco187

whats wrong with the FREE singleshot shotgun

Post by zyco187 »

i have been hunting pheasant in loggers point with the FREE shotgun, but i cant seem to get any hits on a bird. I have fired about 10 shots and only 1 of those downing a bird. I am aiming the gun right but i cant seem to hit anything. And Im not a bad shot by any means. I hold 17% accuracy on battlefield 3 with 18% being PRO.

any tips ? but i really think there is somthing wrong with the gun bc all my shots have been ON TARGET.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: whats wrong with the FREE singleshot shotgun

Post by caledonianblues »

I don't really think your accuracy stats from Battlefield 3 are relevant to a game like theHunter. Without seeing what you're actually doing it's very difficult to determine what the problem is. Are you shooting the pheasants on the ground, or airborne? If the latter, are you leading the shots? Are you shooting the birds from the side, head on, or from the rear? What range are you shooting them from? Are you using birdshot?

Maybe you can provide a video so we can see what's happening? I've used the single shot shotgun many times when duck and goose hunting and I've never had a problem with it. I'm going to take a wild guess that it's something you're doing wrong. If we can figure out what that is, I'm sure we can fix it so you can start enjoying the gun, and downing some pheasants.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

colour are the shells?
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I suggest a trip to the "Single rise clay shooting" range at Whitehart.
Have fun.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Use the green shells (birdshot) and aim about 8-12 inches infront of the bird when its flying, ill test now and see if i can hit any with it
Nathan22Outdoors
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Probably you are using the wrong ammo, that could explain why your aim is right but the bird still escape, make sure you are using birdshot and if you have time look some of the pheasant tutorial videos in youtube, not everyone aim and hunt those birds in the same way, some prefer up front, others broadside, etc, find what suit you better, also, Hirsch its better for hunting those evil birds since their fields have less grass and are more even terrain.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I am a fairly accomplished shotgunner IRL & had a hard time hitting anything in Classic when I 1st started playing it. I would use my normal swing, lead & follow through that has been honed over decades of hunting & shooting clays competitively & yet would miss every damn time in this game! The single best peace of advise I could give is dont lead at all. Put your bead directly on the bird you want to hit. I have never really used the free shotgun but I believe all shotguns in this game act the same so this advice should serve you well.

zyco187

Post by zyco187 »

Yes I am using birdshot, and yes i went to the clay range and didnt miss a shot. I also went out and shot 20 more rounds at birds and didnt even get one hit. it dosnt seem to matter if i lead the shot or shot straight on, still no hits on target.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

zyco187 wrote:Yes I am using birdshot, and yes i went to the clay range and didnt miss a shot. I also went out and shot 20 more rounds at birds and didnt even get one hit. it dosnt seem to matter if i lead the shot or shot straight on, still no hits on target.
maybe the birds are farther away than you think...check some that are on the ground at different distance with range finder... just a thought.. :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

zyco187 wrote: i went to the clay range and didnt miss a shot.
That I would like to have seen, I still miss them occasionally.
outrider wrote: maybe the birds are farther away than you think...
That would have to be it. It seems to me the birds ARE always farther than they look.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”