Backspace

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Backspace

Post by outrider »

until recently on the game site, i was able to use the 'Backspace Key' to go back to previous pages. after one of the recent game updates (don't know which) i have not been able to do it any more... :(
has anyone else noticed this, or have any suggestion...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Backspace

Post by Tanngnjostr »

That's probably a browser issue, I don't think it's related to a game update. It still works for me with Firefox.

Which browser are you using? Or are you talking about the launcher?
Image Image Image
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Tanngnjostr wrote:That's probably a browser issue, I don't think it's related to a game update. It still works for me with Firefox.

Which browser are you using? Or are you talking about the launcher?
i"m using Firefox also...this is on the Game Site home page. if i click on the "LeaderBoard", i have to click on 'theHunter' logo at the top left of page to get back to the home page, or if i click on 'outrider' at the top right corner, or the 'store' or any other tab to go to another page.

i'v cleared all the caches, launcher and game..
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

I guess outrider is talking about the Launcher; I have the same problem, at least since 16Apr2018.
The "Backspace" key is no more working in all the Launcher pages, excepted in the weekly pages "Game Update" and "Status Update" (where luckily it still works).

That's really annoying to me, expecially when browsing the "Competitions" section and the related details: what I used to do through a single key before mid April, from then is needing a long and tedius repetition of menu choices!
I would have added this issue in the thread "What is bugging you the most?", but I joined this Forum only recently (that thread was already locked); unfortunately this regression was not referred by anyone in there.

Who knows if this problem occurs to a very limited number of players... does the Backspace key work for you in the Launcher, Tanngnjostr?
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

Just for the ones annoyed by the no-more-working Backspace in the Launcher: I have (quite late) realized that, out of habit, I was only using the Launcher to browse the various pages of "the Hunter Classic", whereas all of them can be more easily browsed logging into the website (thehunter.com) through any web browser, and that also allows to use the Backspace to return to any previous pages. :roll:
In other words, the Launcher could/should be used only to actually launch the game client software.
(One day I'll end up wondering why they chose this sort of duplication...)

Furthermore, I have found that browsing the website (instead of the Launcher) also allows to get direct links to every page/section (for example the harvest details pages, which can be entered into the UHC Trophy Animal Checker tool, or the trophy shot pictures that can be submitted weekly for prizes in the "Trophy of the Week" or the "Rare of the Week").

Hope this can be good to know at least for new players... and for those ones, among the "old" players, who are not used to frequently explore different options. ;)
Have a nice Backspacing! :D
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”