Starting the game bug?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Starting the game bug?

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Same issue here. Played through Steam okay (yuck). When I tried the web launcher, the version comes up with the launcher version in Steam, then suddenly switches to launcher version zero, and goes through the updating/extraction stuff. Over and over and over.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Same here, all ready 1 hour trying uninstall/reinstal nothing, it's a 11.8mb loop install, well 1 more day to my membership.
Tenbulls
Hunter

Post by Tenbulls »

Glad to know I'm not the only one having the same problem. Tried through Steam, but that didn't work either. The gremlins must be working overtime.....
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

mapache01 wrote:Same here, all ready 1 hour trying uninstall/reinstal nothing, it's a 11.8mb loop install, well 1 more day to my membership.
That is exactly what it is. I wish EW could fix that loop thingy once and for all. It works, it doesn't, it works again, then doesn't. Shame really. :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Stalker54
Spotter

Downloader Stuck

Post by Stalker54 »

The new upgrade is stuck. It cycles over and over and I getting a NAN% over and over. I've gone as far as unstalled Hunter and started from the got go but no good. Please I need help.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I had a hunt with no troubles trough the steam version like an hour ago and everything was normal, i am not using the web client this season, remember check the integrity in the steam version, maybe that help, but for the web client... it has a long history of troubles with updates, better to contact support and the devs assap to let them know that the gremlins got loose again.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:I had a hunt with no troubles trough the steam version like an hour ago and everything was normal, i am not using the web client this season, remember check the integrity in the steam version, maybe that help, but for the web client... it has a long history of troubles with updates, better to contact support and the devs assap to let them know that the gremlins got loose again.
I jus' finished a quick check via "Steam", and it worked for me as well. Definitely somethin' wrong on EW's side of things. Hopefully they'll fix it, 'cause I really don't want to have to play through "Steam"... :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Mwall
Tracker

Re: Downloader Stuck

Post by Mwall »

Same Issue here :( Its in a continuous loop
Need some help as well :(
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Merged two topics about a similar issue that seems to have started to happen last night.

It's early morning in Stockholm now, so I guess the devs will notice and start working on the problem.
BCKidd wrote:I jus' finished a quick check via "Steam", and it worked for me as well. Definitely somethin' wrong on EW's side of things. Hopefully they'll fix it, 'cause I really don't want to have to play through "Steam"... :roll:
On the contrary, I hope that one day the old launcher will be abandoned completely and Steam will be mandatory to play the game. We'll have a huge outcry... and a few days later everyone will have gotten used to it. Steam is the best solution for games that get updated and patched on a regular basis if you ask me. But obviously that's a matter of perspective.
Image Image Image
Stalker54
Spotter

Post by Stalker54 »

Well folks I'm having what looks like the same problem. Start the hunter game and it goes into wanting to download and it keeps trying and so on.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”