Screen size

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Screen size

Post by ApolloCreed »

I bought a new computer. Now, I can play without that huge lag I used to have. Animals are actually not so difficult to hunt, not that everything is moving normal.

I have a problem with the game screen. It's sooo small, and difficult to see anything at a distance. It wasn't like this at first. It was the normal size screen I've previously used. I then changed the settings to full screen, which was a big disappointment. First, It doesn't cover the full screen and looks like those idiots that take videos holding their phones vertically, thus having blackness waste much of the screen. Secondly, I can't exit out of it to look up anything or do anything on the web while the full screen is in play.

Now back to the screen problem, when I unclicked the Full Screen box, the game screen then became the tiny screen it is now, and will not go back to normal size. How can I get the normal view back?

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Screen size

Post by Fletchette »

Make sure you have the game settings, windows settings, and graphics drivers settings all set to the native resolution of your new monitor.
Personal Bests...
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

You’ve got to give us some more details here.
What hardware do you have?
What Monitor and resolution do you use?
A few screenshots would also be useful.
Make sure you have all the Windows and graphic card settings in line. (What Fletchette said)
Spoiler:
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

iz_da wrote:You’ve got to give us some more details here.
What hardware do you have?
What Monitor and resolution do you use?
A few screenshots would also be useful.
Make sure you have all the Windows and graphic card settings in line. (What Fletchette said)

I don't know anything about graphic settings or any of that. It was fine until I clicked full screen, and when I unclicked it, the screen became small. I don't know how to add a screeen shot. I tried to drag it into this text box, but that doesn't work.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Here is how you add a screen shot.

Have the picture you want to share on screen

1. Hit print screen on your computer keyboard. (usually just right of the F12 key)

2. Go to START, at the bottom of the screen type in Paint...the search will bring up a utility that is built in to Windows called Paint. Double click on it, and then click on PASTE in the appropriate box. The screen shot will appear there. Click on FILE and SAVE AS (there are several options...jpeg, .bmp, .png, etc. It's best to save it as a .jpeg file.

3. Now go to imgur.com. It is a FREE picture hosting site. Sign up, then click on ADD IMAGES. Browse to the file where you saved the .jpeg file, highlight it, and click open. Your screenshot will now be hosted by IMGUR.COM. Click on the photo in IMGUR..hover your mouse over the picture and you will see Edit title/Edit image on the lower right. Click on Edit image. A new screen will appear with your picture's dimensions in pixels..like 1980 x 1200 as an example. In order to post the picture on theHunter forum the first number can not be more than 960. Make sure "Lock Proportions" is checked, and then highlight the 1980 (or whatever number is on the LEFT) and change it to 960; the second number will change automatically. Click SAVE at the top of the page after you have changed the number. Go to your images file on IMGUR. The edited picture will be there. Left click on it..then it will come up again. On the right side of the page is a menu of protocols for posting online. Select (left click) BBCode (message boards & forums) and then it will turn green..select copy.

4. Now open the post on the forum where you want the screen shot to be and right click on the message body. Select paste, and your screen shot will be attached. You can type your message ABOVE it, and then hit SUBMIT.

This seems complicated and hard, but believe me, if I can do it, you can do it. Just follow each instruction precisely. PM me if you have a problem. Good luck.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Here is how you add a screen shot.

Have the picture you want to share on screen

1. Hit print screen on your computer keyboard. (usually just right of the F12 key)

2. Go to START, at the bottom of the screen type in Paint...the search will bring up a utility that is built in to Windows called Paint. Double click on it, and then click on PASTE in the appropriate box. The screen shot will appear there. Click on FILE and SAVE AS (there are several options...jpeg, .bmp, .png, etc. It's best to save it as a .jpeg file.

3. Now go to imgur.com. It is a FREE picture hosting site. Sign up, then click on ADD IMAGES. Browse to the file where you saved the .jpeg file, highlight it, and click open. Your screenshot will now be hosted by IMGUR.COM. Click on the photo in IMGUR..hover your mouse over the picture and you will see Edit title/Edit image on the lower right. Click on Edit image. A new screen will appear with your picture's dimensions in pixels..like 1980 x 1200 as an example. In order to post the picture on theHunter forum the first number can not be more than 960. Make sure "Lock Proportions" is checked, and then highlight the 1980 (or whatever number is on the LEFT) and change it to 960; the second number will change automatically. Click SAVE at the top of the page after you have changed the number. Go to your images file on IMGUR. The edited picture will be there. Left click on it..then it will come up again. On the right side of the page is a menu of protocols for posting online. Select (left click) BBCode (message boards & forums) and then it will turn green..select copy.

4. Now open the post on the forum where you want the screen shot to be and right click on the message body. Select paste, and your screen shot will be attached. You can type your message ABOVE it, and then hit SUBMIT.

This seems complicated and hard, but believe me, if I can do it, you can do it. Just follow each instruction precisely. PM me if you have a problem. Good luck.
I already know how to do it that way. It's just long and ridiculous. Should be able to just drag photos like other websites. But I must say that I really do appreciate the time you spent to detail the extensive process though. I'll post a screen shot.
Last edited by ApolloCreed on May 7th, 2018, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

ok, look, in the launcher(not the website). in the upper right corner there is a tab that say "settings", there select "game settings" and click in "resolution", there select the highest one, if that make the game laggy then select a lower one and so, that way you can find the one that suit your machine for the best game-play quality.

Btw, if you keep had a smaller monitor and you use that resolution in a bigger monitor your gonna notice weird graphics more pixelated or smaller screen when not in full screen, you need get a higher resolution to suit your new monitor size as described before.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

The monitor is 39.6 cm /15.6 in.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

VonStratos wrote:ok, look, in the launcher(not the website). in the upper right corner there is a tab that say "settings", there select "game settings" and click in "resolution", there select the highest one
VonStratos is exactly right however I would suggest you pick the resolution that you are running your desktop at to make it full screen. OR if you dont want to do that then click the "full screen" button in settings.

EDIT: You can also press alt+enter to switch in & out of fullscreen.

ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

Still no resolve as to why my game screen is so small. You can clearly see from the pic I posted earlier. I'm sure I can't be the only one stuck with a small screen. The vertical sync box does nothing when checked or unchecked.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”