WRR crashes normal, & now TT crashes with purple Texture objects

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: WRR crashes normal, & now TT crashes with purple Texture objects

Post by ronMctube »

Levado wrote:
ronMctube wrote:i play whiterime fine not one crash
You hardly played on that map this year and now you force good old Gas to defend himself with a large post, when there is simply no need to, because there is most definitely a crash issue with WRR.
look i dont know what your issue with me is but listen please ! im trying to help him.

the only way this gets fixed is by someone finding what causes it.yes ?

you dont need to tell me about it i had a very very similar issue it mainly effected whiterime year and a bit ago.it was a memory leak couldnt play the game.pretty boy and caledonian blues fixed it.so i understand totally. so please dont bite on my reply im only suggesting what to do to try and find what may cause the issue just like anyone else will ask.

i think there is a sound issue or related memory leak issue.why ? its very similar to the memory leak cause and recently there has been sound issues on whiterime.so common sense.

slower older pcs will more than newer pcs most likely be effected with slower gpus less vram and less ram . the leak if its a cause may not be as noticeable if its the cause on higher end pcs as they have sufficient power either not to crash or notice it.

it could be something totally different but the first thing people will still want to know is what is your pc spec and op system and basics.it is part of the problem.as for how much i played on whiterime you have no clue only my basic account which doesnt tell you the whole story.please dont guess.

basics id try is this

adjust graphics settings in game 1 at a time see if it crashes.
if on steam validate files see if something is corrupt.
try playing with extended audio memory option ticked try it without
see if pc is upto date or recent updates have been applied.
check gpu and cpu temps when playing.
have you recently updated gpu driver.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Why may I ask is this getting addressed first than a comp bug where people are losing em$ to.
Hoocairs and I have reported it yet nothing is getting said or done about it from EW.
Is their bug fixing team really that little to only address one bug at a time? :?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

HunterVK wrote:Come on guys, it's not so bad .. new chicken coming soon and purple .22 plinkington and everything will be fine :D .
Btw this crash in TgT is an old issue It happens when you go out of the hunting area.
I had the purple objects before when TT first came out around the borders, but it never made my computer crash,..
That was the only thing that bothered me why I posted that,...
I can handle purple objects if I can walk out of the area without crashing, because I put up with a lot of the stuff
that could be fixed,... and this game could have a lot better optimized textures.
I would rather have a good running game with less scenery than one that has a better picture but runs like crap because
there are 50 thousand dynamic objects that surround you out to 100 meters and you have FPS drops. And that's why TT & PB have forced med. texture settings.
They want them to be seen as they made them, but that sometimes causes errors on older machines even if they were a good machine.
WRR needs ultra settings set so the ice floes area is fully rendered. That was a waste of game resource, they should have just had a solid texture
for the ice. terrain ice!............ have you hunted polar bears on low settings,.......it's the arctic thaw!
So my guess is that it is not all computer problems that cause these things to happen, but changes in the game files that causes computers to have the problems.
1 missing or wrong data file can lead to a map crash ATM when it is utilized.

So now I get to play with my computer settings to find out what is causing it.
or time to upgrade to eat up this messed up game as when I first got this system and it was overkill.
Sounds like some of the guns we use in the game................ :lol: The ones that work good anyways.

Win 7 pro srvc pack 1
64 bit OS
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight Core Processor 3.10 GHz
16.0 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 680
Creative SB X-fi
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

just crashed twice withen half an hour
Nathan22Outdoors
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I experienced a purple .300 bolt action rifle only once, in TT, but game didn't crash, I ended it cause it was too weird to see :mrgreen:
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Levado wrote:
ronMctube wrote:i play whiterime fine not one crash
You hardly played on that map this year and now you force good old Gas to defend himself with a large post, when there is simply no need to, because there is most definitely a crash issue with WRR.
I'm not saying that there is not an issue with crashing that our fellow hunters are experiencing on certain reserves but I myself haven't crashed on any reserve. I've played for hours on WRR without issue. My pc is old and hasn't been upgraded in years. It's not the best and I have to play on low settings just to get 30-40 fps and when there are a lot of animals around it drops to 20 and lower sometimes. I also use a game booster (Razer Cortex) which will turn off unneeded processes, Windows Updates being one of them. Maybe there is an issue with one of those processes? I don't know exactly everything that is turned off but Windows Updates I know for sure is.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Gotta love it when whiterime crashed for the 3rd time out of 3 games but this time it crashes right as your about to shoot a melanistic sitka :)
Its fine we can keep waiting for it to get fixed..... lets wait a few more months :x :x :x :x

Edit: The best part is we all know we are going to get 0 compinsation for anything
Nathan22Outdoors
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Nathan112244 wrote:Gotta love it when whiterime crashed for the 3rd time out of 3 games but this time it crashes right as your about to shoot a melanistic sitka :)
Its fine we can keep waiting for it to get fixed..... lets wait a few more months :x :x :x :x

Edit: The best part is we all know we are going to get 0 compinsation for anything
That's too bad,. I know that sucks. the game crashed for me after I shot a 180-240 Dall sheep and went to harvest it.......
but I didn't get to it....... :roll:
I haven't shot a Dall Sheep over a 200 score since they first put them on the map, and I wanted that one for the Trophy Lodge.
I haven't been hunting WR very often since last week,... that's for sure!
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Schlachtwolf wrote:TheHunter is rather unstable
We play when we can and are able
And to fix such a crash
It needs manpower and cash
of which EW has few on the table...

So they issue an all healing patch
But always with some sort of catch
It will fix it today
But that fix may not stay
And frustration will grow unabashed

So what do we learn from this tale
Theres no point in sending a mail
That old things are old
And Whiterime is cold

At least theres a new gun on sale.....
Unfortunately that's how and here I love TT more than any other reserve, I realize and I feel sorry if Whiterime is cold and Piccabeen is cool...and new constant updates and commercial stuff, doesn't fix anything :|

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”