Can't get the game to run well

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
MetalMind
Outfitter

Re: Can't get the game to run well

Post by MetalMind »

I'm sure the issue isn't our hardware.

Some months later I was hunting on WHI and have a tons of animals nearby and the game was 60 FPS. After one of the updates it drops to 50 - 45, worse on new reserves.

If it were our hardware you can feel the difference in other games as well. I can play my other newer games more demanding that theHunter where there is a hell of an action going on the screen and the FPS is stable.

So if after some point it went worse, why should you think about settings or hardware? I think it is only about optimalization, but seems that EW doesn't care.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The OP doesn't need a machine that runs well. With just a set of basic skills on Reindeer, he is in third place in the Ladies First Comp. Apparently he has no problem finding 300+ female Reindeers. :o :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Thoke2014
Scout

Post by Thoke2014 »

Alright everyone update time. Knock on wood but the new monitor seems to have been the key to fixing the problems I was facing. The freesync range is 30-144 Hz (I think that's the measurement) and it is pretty smooth while playing on all the reserves I've tried so far (TGT and Hemmendal mainly). I've been running with V-sync off on pretty high settings and averaging around 70-100 FPS with my lowest drops getting down into the 50s on Hemmendal with Reindeer around. What has really impressed me is that when I got down to around 50 FPS I was seeing no ill effects as the freesync seemed to be mitigating the stutter/lag (still not good with these terms) that I was getting at those FPS ranges before. Overall it took some work but I am currently happy with how this computer is running the game and how it is being displayed on the monitor.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Yep, freesync is the way to go.
I keep dreaming about it.
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BuiuRei wrote:Yep, freesync is the way to go.
Yep, it's a good move.....And then when you're a bit older you can move the grown-ups table and get G-Sync... :P
Personal Bests...
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fletchette wrote:
Yep, it's a good move.....And then when you're a bit older you can move the grown-ups table and get G-Sync... :P
Sure, because paying 200 usd for something the competitor sells for free feels sooo grown up!
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BuiuRei wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
Sure, because paying 200 usd for something the competitor sells for free feels sooo grown up!
Yes, Ivan, mom and dad feed the kids for free. Then when you grow up, you're suppose to pay for your own food.

And G-Sync > FreeSync.......Nvidia > AMD.....You know these things....Stop fighting it.....Assimilate.
Personal Bests...
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fletchette wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
Fletchette wrote: Yep, it's a good move.....And then when you're a bit older you can move the grown-ups table and get G-Sync... :P
Yes, Ivan, mom and dad feed the kids for free. Then when you grow up, you're suppose to pay for your own food.

And G-Sync > FreeSync.......Nvidia > AMD.....You know these things....Stop fighting it.....Assimilate.
You can cash in that check nvidia sent you now. :lol:
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”