Can't get the game to run well

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Extort713
Tracker

Re: Can't get the game to run well

Post by Extort713 »

Levado wrote:Wrong, because the one he ordered has Freesync, his monitor refresh rate will synchronize with the frame rates.
Okay I didn't see that he said it had freesync, doesn't mean I'm wrong. If you use a monitor that is 144hz, with out that software, you'll still get screen tearing if you can't render that many frames. However I'll retract that he needs to return it.
Levado wrote:Wrong again, vsync will solve that. Secondly, 144hz alone is not the solution, you need adaptive sync in combination for best results.
If you use a 60hz monitor with it turned off is what I mean't obviously, how else you would throw hundreds of frames at a 60hz monitor with vsync turned on.
Last edited by Extort713 on April 7th, 2018, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if he is getting above his monitors output he will get horrible tearing in games.i can remember gettings literally waves down my screen thats why upgraded my monitor originally cause it was so bad in theHunter vsync sucks as you get input lag.your card set up should be fine at 1080 and msaa x4/ 8 mssa and above 60 constant.maybe try reinstalling gpu driver.

make sure it windows power settings you have high performance enabled.your cpu maybe going up and down.some games this can tank fps.high performance it should stay at maximum speed then and not down clock.
Thoke2014
Scout

Post by Thoke2014 »

ronMctube wrote:if he is getting above his monitors output he will get horrible tearing in games.i can remember gettings literally waves down my screen thats why upgraded my monitor originally cause it was so bad in theHunter vsync sucks as you get input lag.your card set up should be fine at 1080 and msaa x4/ 8 mssa and above 60 constant.maybe try reinstalling gpu driver.

make sure it windows power settings you have high performance enabled.your cpu maybe going up and down.some games this can tank fps.high performance it should stay at maximum speed then and not down clock.
I'll give those a try, I'll let you know if it helps anything.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

BuiuRei wrote:EDIT: Just to be clear we're on the same page, this is screen tearing (a pretty bad example but that's almost what I get if I run v-sync off and fullscreen):

What reserve was this on, please? :P

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

ronMctube wrote:if he is getting above his monitors output he will get horrible tearing in games
Wrong, if you run a game with vsync on and get over 60fps, you will never see any screen tearing, since the frame rate is locked to 60.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Thoke2014
Scout

Post by Thoke2014 »

Levado wrote:
ronMctube wrote:if he is getting above his monitors output he will get horrible tearing in games
Wrong, if you run a game with vsync on and get over 60fps, you will never see any screen tearing, since the frame rate is locked to 60.
I think he was talking about when I'm running it with v-sync off.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Thoke2014 wrote:
Levado wrote:
I think he was talking about when I'm running it with v-sync off.
you are correct.
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on April 7th, 2018, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal and inflammatory comment
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Again, I only get screen tearing when fullscreen. Windowed I can be at 120 and it's perfect.
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BuiuRei wrote:Again, I only get screen tearing when fullscreen. Windowed I can be at 120 and it's perfect.
Ivan, I think that's because in Windowed mode the OS (Windows) is handling the sync and redrawing the frames. Adds some overhead of course. In full-screen the GPU is writing directly to the monitor so the OS is out of the picture (so to speak).

This thread is filled with wrong info, and half truths about how most of these technologies (Vsync, Gsync, FreeSync), actually work. Also some confusing between screen-tearing, screen-stuttering, lag, and some other visual anomalies that can occur.
Personal Bests...
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fletchette wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Again, I only get screen tearing when fullscreen. Windowed I can be at 120 and it's perfect.
Ivan, I think that's because in Windowed mode the OS (Windows) is handling the sync and redrawing the frames. Adds some overhead of course. In full-screen the GPU is writing directly to the monitor so the OS is out of the picture (so to speak).

This thread is filled with wrong info, and half truths about how most of these technologies (Vsync, Gsync, FreeSync), actually work. Also some confusing between screen-tearing, screen-stuttering, lag, and some other visual anomalies that can occur.
Indeed, this is becoming harder and harder to make out.
Personally, even though I know it should be some overhead, I can't notice a difference on stutter or total fps between fullscreen and windowed. But as with everything here I speak for myself.
Spoiler:

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”