TheHunter Too Quiet

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: TheHunter Too Quiet

Post by L3M182 »

i have the oposite issue i have to turn TH down to get a balance with my other programs
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Idk if that's what you're getting but to me it's always totally crappy if the sound balancing is turned on at your sound chipset application.
Spoiler:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Using over-ear hifi stereo headphones with a headamp, windows setting for stereo (2 speakers, NOT headphone setting, 100% volume) ..and i only need to adjust the volume at the headamp at the start of a hunt. Whole session the same ingame volume and perfect locating of all sounds, fe direction of calls, animal steps. (Best experiences with stereo)
Now offline. Forever.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

I had very low volume on a laptop. Had to crank up the volume under the equalizer settings for all frequencies and it helped a bunch. Not saying this would help you but it did me.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

BuiuRei wrote:Idk if that's what you're getting but to me it's always totally crappy if the sound balancing is turned on at your sound chipset application.
I consider myself fairly computer-savvy but I have literally no idea what this meant :lol: Sorry!

As to other suggestions I'm still trying everything, will update drivers, try starting the game with no other programs yet running after a restart, etc, and update here.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

You could try loudness equalization.

Go to Playback devices.
select your playback device and go to properties.
Check Loudness Equalization and click apply.

I use it in some other FPS games but I have to turn it off in theHunter as it is too loud for me.
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

That's it, RB69. I was on my phone and couldn't look at the realtek control panel.
If that thing is on, every sound is screwed to me.
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

RidgeBack69 wrote:You could try loudness equalization.

Go to Playback devices.

I use it in some other FPS games but I have to turn it off in theHunter as it is too loud for me.
Heya, I actually mentioned this in the original post, though called it 'sound boost' like an idiot, but thanks :) Using Loudness Equalization to fix it is in fact what destroyed my last headset. It can apparently blow the speakers on cheaper ones. I didn't like how it dulled sound after louder gunshots etc, either.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TheSheWolf wrote:

Go to Playback devices.

Heya, I actually mentioned this in the original post, though called it 'sound boost' like an idiot, but thanks :) Using Loudness Equalization to fix it is in fact what destroyed my last headset. It can apparently blow the speakers on cheaper ones. I didn't like how it dulled sound after louder gunshots etc, either.
I am surprised that it blew your speakers. I thought it worked more to compress sound I.E. the loud sounds like gunshots are not as loud and the high notes like foot steps and birds chirping are louder.
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:

Go to Playback devices.

I am surprised that it blew your speakers. I thought it worked more to compress sound I.E. the loud sounds like gunshots are not as loud and the high notes like foot steps and birds chirping are louder.
It can make sounds higher than they would otherwise ever be; I could be wrong but there's other reports of it and I had been <i>wondering</i> why my newish headset went in first one speaker, then the other after just a couple months. I think it was because I had Equalization on for theHunter :|

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”