950 GTX Vid Card Settings?

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
BCKidd

950 GTX Vid Card Settings?

Post by BCKidd »

I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on what my vid card settings should be on. Do I simply leave it as default? I ask because I see no difference in vid quality from the GTX 950 then from my ol' HD 7400 Silent. I figured somethin' is awry? I'm runnin' Window 10 Pro, with Ryzen CPU and 8 GB DDR4 Aegis Ram- whatever all that means. I have theHunter game settings on high, and honestly other then motion in game, no lag, smooth aiming etc., I see no difference in Game Quality. It all looks like it did with my ol' PC. Anyone....? :? Peace.

BCKIdd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: 950 GTX Vid Card Settings?

Post by stancomputerhunter »

You pointed out the difference the new card makes....motion, no lag, smooth aiming.. I would say that's a huge upgrade in game quality if you had those issues with your old card.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Well, if you use the same settings as before, and you are using a more powerfull graphics card.
Than the game should look the same , but you will have more FPS (if V-Sync is disabled) and less lagg etc.

If your card can handle the game at almost max settings i would put everything higher :)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks guys. I do have theHunter Game maxed out. SO other than the smoothness one gets from a GTX 950- there really isn't much difference btween it and a HD 7400? Can't vid card settings, if one were to change them improve the quality of games? If so, what are some suggested settings, if anyone has a GTX 950, what do you have the vid card setting on? I'm talking about the actual settings, not theHunter game settings. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

You cannot use card settings to improve the way the game looks, the only thing you could improve is aliasing and in some cases you can could improve texture filtering or activate ambient occlusion (shadows), but that requires a proper (unknown) hex value to activate in Nvidia Inspector. None of these things will change the look of the game dramatically, you're asking for something that is simply impossible, what you get is what it is programmed by the developer.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BCKidd wrote:Thanks guys. I do have theHunter Game maxed out. SO other than the smoothness one gets from a GTX 950- there really isn't much difference btween it and a HD 7400? Can't vid card settings, if one were to change them improve the quality of games? If so, what are some suggested settings, if anyone has a GTX 950, what do you have the vid card setting on? I'm talking about the actual settings, not theHunter game settings. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
What resolution are you playing at? Obviously higher resolution monitors improve the image quality, and a more powerful GPU can drive at higher resolution. Also monitor quality itself can make a big difference in a number of ways.

For the rest, I assume you're talking about Driver settings. You have 2 choices, either tweak some things in the 3-D settings profile of the game in the NVidia Control Panel, or download and install NVidia Inspector. Inspector has a lot more settings, but it's pretty complicated. There are a few threads here on the forum you could search for that have some recommended settings. Just search for "NVidia Inspector". I believe it's a 3rd party app that is not officially supported my NVidia.
Personal Bests...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

whats the resolution you using.id be at 1920x1080 with that card.max for most things shadow low msaa x4 aa x16. that should be fine.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thnks fellas. I mucked around with the game settings and have found a happy medium. I have it set almost like Ron mentions above, 'cept I have the msaa set on x8, and aax16. I'm also goin' to visit 3-D settings profile as Fletchette mentions, anything goes wrong, I'll know who to blame... :P :P I joke ofc. Thanks for all your advice folks. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

You could read here for pretty easy done inspector settings.. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81373

Try settings for low or mid gpu
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”